8L90 8-speed auto trans on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a source of who was looking through GM service training info at my request through the dealer system. He told me that it shows an 8L90 8-speed auto Transmission listed on the internal RPO(regular production options) list for 2015 yukon Escalade and suburbans. I thought this was very interesting and wanted to know what you thought about it. Heard anything else? To me this only confirms that the Denali will be offered with an eight speed transmission and at a minimum by the 2016 model year and possibly midway through the 2015 model year.

Lade

Reaction score
I talked to a source of who was looking through GM service training info at my request through the dealer system. He told me that it shows an 8L90 8-speed auto Transmission listed on the internal RPO(regular production options) list for 2015 yukon Escalade and suburbans. I thought this was very interesting and wanted to know what you thought about it. Heard anything else? To me this only confirms that the Denali will be offered with an eight speed transmission and at a minimum by the 2016 model year and possibly midway through the 2015 model year.

I know escalade's getting 8 speed in September,
It's crazy to me that they will build a brand new car and few months,
they will change the transmission and logo on it.

OP
OP
Jproy

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know escalade's getting 8 speed in September,
It's crazy to me that they will build a brand new car and few months,
they will change the transmission and logo on it.

Completely agree. Very bizarre

NOVA99

Reaction score
I heard the same info from dealer principle about the 8-SPD coming the Cadillac in late 2015. I bet Denali will follow next for MY16 and so on. I think it is ridiculous, the timing of it. If I purchased and +$80K 2015 Escalade and found out 4 months later the 8-SPD was coming I would be pissed!

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the same info from dealer principle about the 8-SPD coming the Cadillac in late 2015. I bet Denali will follow next for MY16 and so on. I think it is ridiculous, the timing of it. If I purchased and +$80K 2015 Escalade and found out 4 months later the 8-SPD was coming I would be pissed!

I don't know. Sometimes its better to wait on newer technology instead of being the initial adopter.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im glad i found this out before i went thru with the final paperwork. I will prob get it beginning of next year.

steverkemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's always something new and better coming. You could end up waiting forever. The 6sp was a known quantity and an absolute workhorse for me in my '09 and the 8sp is new. I'll wait a few years on the 8sp and that will be perfect time for me to upgrade.

NOVA99

Reaction score

Right Again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968