9,865 miles 4Wd services just come up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2009 Denali was AWD all the time and I put 52,000 miles without problem.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

If that's the case then they need to put a warning sign on the dail saying your truck will break down in auto unless the conditions are right.
Agree 100%, [emoji106]

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2009 Denali was AWD all the time and I put 52,000 miles without problem.

You do know that AWD is totally different than Auto 4x4, right?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the case then they need to put a warning sign on the dail saying your truck will break down in auto unless the conditions are right.
Read your owners manual about your 4wd :waytogo:

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree but please we have to be honest something is wrong here is not reason that to happens,you know and I know, and maybe everyone know by now. Love the truck but now I'm in the bring.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, something is wrong (could be very minor or more significant :shrug:). I'm just saying that the "something wrong" could be a result of user error. They will know once they get a chance to look at it.

In the future, though, I'd suggest NOT running around in Auto 4x4 or any other 4x4 unless the conditions call for 4x4. You're just asking for trouble otherwise.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, something is wrong (could be very minor or more significant :shrug:). I'm just saying that the "something wrong" could be a result of user error. They will know once they get a chance to look at it.
You are funny look for me you work in GM transmission programming center in Toledo uhhh. Lol you are funny.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny...this issue is most likely caused by user error but should still be fixed under warranty so that's good for you :waytogo:

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't read the manual about the 4wd but I will now. But still this isn't 4 low it's auto we're talking about. There should be some sort of safe guard on the system. No way my wife will put it back in 2wd after I set it in auto because we had a monsoon come through.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
then don't put it in 4wd Auto and leave it there. Seems logical to me. :shrug: You can only put some many safe guards in place until at some point the operator has to be responsible. Also, I've never in my years of driving needed 4wd due to rain. The only time 4wd should ever been needed is snow or mud. Other than that 2wd should be sufficient.