9,865 miles 4Wd services just come up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I certainly hope the new transfer case coming out in October corrects these problems!

Fingers crossed.....
No one have the problem solve tomorrow I will call gm and going to open a claim about, they must fixe or the have to replace the transfer case.
Good thing is the dealer I deal I buy 3 working trucks from them but no my Denali, they are cool with me and they going to get true this quickly.
[emoji161]

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you take it in there be sure and tell them you're running in Auto 4wd all the time so that they can pinpoint the issue correctly :waytogo:

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you take it in there be sure and tell them you're running in Auto 4wd all the time so that they can pinpoint the issue correctly :waytogo:

will do that is a must do, but what about if GM do not have a solution yet?
and them what i do.

:hmmm2:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set it on fire and go buy a Smart Car

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Naughty naughty man... :Good or Bad:

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They scanning the truck right now we let you guys know the codes and problem part 1 lol.
[emoji35]

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy told me they just update the software for transfer case. we may need a hacker to resolve the problem.

x2C7ksTq2w0UJnk2kpUvidDeirz2PJQBfQtM=w1358-h765-no.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Also he told me if I want to run auto just do because is just keep relearn the system.

:)

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread as a supplement to the other thread on this subject. But in this thread some have said that this problem may be user error. This is not the case, it is a computer control error in the system.

Auto 4wd is a system that is designed to sense road conditions and engage if the system decides its necessary. If you are running in auto 4wd on dry pavement, the system is not sensing a need, so basically its a real fancy 2wd setting. My Service light came on after engaging Auto 4wd on a day when I was driving thru down pours and then other areas where the pavement was still dry.

I think the problem here is computer based, there is a problem with the Auto 4wd programing that is causing it to not sense correctly. When our light came on, the truck felt like it was in 4wd when turning, the steering was stiff.

I personally run mine 2wd all the time until conditions call for either Auto or 4 Hi. But there is no problem if a guy wants to run it in auto 4wd all the time, as long as the system is operating properly and sensing road conditions correctly. My gut feeling is that the system may be to sensitive and it is sensing wheel spin while turning. It may actually be a problem with the sensors in the limited slip diff or the anti lock brake sensors or even the traction control sensors.

Either way this is not user error, it is a system based error that GM needs to fix and more than likely will. The model may be new, but these systems are not.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I also believe Auto 4wd piggy backs on a number of sensors as mentioned. When you are dealing with as much automation as these things have there is no telling where the real problem may be, and it may be in an area that seems completely illogical, like a brake sensor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread as a supplement to the other thread on this subject. But in this thread some have said that this problem may be user error. This is not the case, it is a computer control error in the system.

Auto 4wd is a system that is designed to sense road conditions and engage if the system decides its necessary. If you are running in auto 4wd on dry pavement, the system is not sensing a need, so basically its a real fancy 2wd setting. My Service light came on after engaging Auto 4wd on a day when I was driving thru down pours and then other areas where the pavement was still dry.

I think the problem here is computer based, there is a problem with the Auto 4wd programing that is causing it to not sense correctly. When our light came on, the truck felt like it was in 4wd when turning, the steering was stiff.

I personally run mine 2wd all the time until conditions call for either Auto or 4 Hi. But there is no problem if a guy wants to run it in auto 4wd all the time, as long as the system is operating properly and sensing road conditions correctly. My gut feeling is that the system may be to sensitive and it is sensing wheel spin while turning. It may actually be a problem with the sensors in the limited slip diff or the anti lock break sensors or even the traction control sensors.

Either way this is not user error, it is a system based error that GM needs to fix and more than likely will. The model may be new, but these systems are not.
Agree will recommend everyone to run in auto and if fail just bring to the dealer and relearn the system and go out and do again up to GM make any type of decision about this situation a claim will be open on my case today.
You do not have to live the car there and get a loner is waste time for everyone.