9,865 miles 4Wd services just come up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me I'm all for 2wd. Nothing better then whipping the back end of an XL in the rain. But when I send my wife and kids out I've always felt it was better if it's in auto.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a good thread that explains the differences between AWD and 4wd (Auto, lo, hi)

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57629

Go to page 9-24 and start there and show where said do not use or try to keep in 2wd.

OaQDuFILH8zeNDdAnigS5qX3cvSRB5yFKpt=w288-h162-p-no.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQIWCvIayE&list=UUulU2YXmKbr7TLp7ERzSgVA

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Believe me I'm all for 2wd. Nothing better then whipping the back end of an XL in the rain. But when I send my wife and kids out I've always felt it was better if it's in auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQIWCvIayE&list=UUulU2YXmKbr7TLp7ERzSgVA

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....I give up trying to give good info and spread some knowledge. Have fun and drive in 4wd to your hearts content regardless of conditions :waytogo:

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....I give up trying to give good info and spread some knowledge. Have fun and drive in 4wd to your hearts content regardless of conditions :waytogo:

you said check the owner manual and i did and do not find anything about.
is just i did, but the info. your give is just about is ur fault or operator fault is unbelievable.

:hmmm2:

A lot respect to you but is unbelievable.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: may the force be with you

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on this.

I don't understand why everyone is having such a hard time getting this fixed.

A simple scan of the transfer case control module will reveal trouble codes to begin pinpointing.

I wish someone with these 4x4 issues would press the dealer for their trouble codes and post them up here.

DocHolliday

Reaction score
I can find nothing in the owners manual that says not to use auto in certain conditions. IN fact, the service guy first told me to run my truck in 4WD for a couple hundred miles to wear the clutches down as they were too tight. They've gone on to say they identified the issue and have corrected it so the new one being built for me will not have this issue.

I do appreciate the feedback available on this board, but fail to see the logic in saying this is operator error. Why even have an auto setting if you can only use it for a few miles at a time in perfect conditions? It seems auto is for when you are expecting dodgy conditions and want to be prepared, where as the 4WD setting are for operating in known and existing bad conditions. Am I wrong? I am also concerned about the high pitches chirping sound that comes from the selector control when in auto, even when not in motion. The chirping goes away immediately in 2WD but there is absolutely something going on at all times with in auto as evidence by the chirping noise. It's very high pitch and you have to listen for it, but it's there for sure. The service advisor told me it was coming as a result of the control module not properly communicating with the transfer case. Who knows if thats the case, but thats what he said.

Last edited:
OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can find nothing in the owners manual that says not to use auto in certain conditions. IN fact, the service guy first told me to run my truck in 4WD for a couple hundred miles to wear the clutches down as they were too tight. They've gone on to say they identified the issue and have corrected it so the new one being built for me will not have this issue.

I do appreciate the feedback available on this board, but fail to see the logic in saying this is operator error. Why even have an auto setting if you can only use it for a few miles at a time in perfect conditions? It seems auto is for when you are expecting dodgy conditions and want to be prepared, where as the 4WD setting are for operating in known and existing bad conditions. Am I wrong? I am also concerned about the high pitches chirping sound that comes from the selector control when in auto, even when not in motion. The chirping goes away immediately in 2WD but there is absolutely something going on at all times with in auto as evidence by the chirping noise. It's very high pitch and you have to listen for it, but it's there for sure. The service advisor told me it was coming as a result of the control module not properly communicating with the transfer case. Who knows if thats the case, but thats what he said.
Agree I did check and cannot find anything.
Well tomorrow will see because I don't want to waste my time in this will be there waiting.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

No issues here at 1100 miles in 2WD. WTF time to put it in auto. Come on GM get your shit together we're paying a lot of money for these trucks to have to deal with this crap.

You must do because we are in the same boat, is not good i will run in auto after the first service and will pick up in the morning i going to put 150 miles and see what happens. if come up again i go direct to the dealer.

:hmmm2: