'95 2DR 4x4 LT with 2008 Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why did you go the route of putting molding back on?

I was opposed to the "Sport" look or debadged look. My intent was to restore to the state that it rolled off the showroom floor in September 1995.

are you restoring it? or whats the big deal about putting money into stuff that may not be needed??

Yea - restoring. I was going to "cash for clunker" it but the $4500 was just not worth it. I keep good care of it and it was running great. I used the $5000 that I was going to use for down payment for a new one and put it into restoration. Now it's like having a new "classic"!

Curious about the pricetag

Exterior was $4300 + tax. I'm up to about $700 (so far) on the interior.

Wheels look awesome, and if I was you I would just remove the roof rack. Oh and paint the front bowtie black! :D

Really want to keep the rack. I am going to give it another month or 2 to try to find a new one, and then worst case, the body shop will paint it for me. Hmm, I might try out the black bowtie!!!

I'll post some pics of the interior resto in a couple of days that I am personally doing. In the meantime, I've posted some before and after pics here...

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Thankyou for restoring and not " cash for clunkering " it.

that was the worst farce of a program ever. We lost a lot of nice full size chevys so people could go buy *** shit boxes.

once again awesome looking tahoe!

chaser0517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any more pics from the side? I could barely see what they looked like.
I just picked up the same wheels. I have to get tires still, but at least I got the wheels. If you can put a side pic up, I would be in your debt.
Thanks.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any more pics from the side? I could barely see what they looked like.
I just picked up the same wheels. I have to get tires still, but at least I got the wheels. If you can put a side pic up, I would be in your debt.
Thanks.

u have a set of ltz 20's? and want a side pic..

chaser0517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just picked up the same wheels for mine last night. I don't have tires for them yet. But I wanted to see what they looked like from a different angle. If not, it's cool. Just trying to get a better view of what they looked like on our body style.
Thanks

Last edited:

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
Wow! The pics look great! What a difference!!! Can't wait to get the money saved up to paint mine!

chaser0517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, that looks awesome.
I actually got the Texas Edition 20s. Can't wait to get some tires mounted on them.

CIMG0643.jpg

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Miami Yukon - I got my work done in Pompano. If you are interested, I can PM you where...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts