96 Chevy Tahoe 3rd row seating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horsin1787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
96 Chevy Tahoe 3rd row seating? would a suburban 3rd row work?

What I would like to do is move the bench seat to the back for a third row seating, and install captain's chairs for second row seating. My concerns are that the back looks like it might be smaller across than where the bench seat is currently (wheel wells), and the other concern is that it doesn't look like there is a place to put the seat belt for a third row.

This is what I have found so far, but I didn't know if it applied to my 96 Tahoe.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5332112_inst...at-tahoes.html

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

i was looking through other forums and saw something that said a suburban third row would fit into a tahoe as a third row, since the second row bench seat is too wide. has anyone done this?

Last edited:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
That write up is for a newer generation tahoe. The bench seat won't fit in the back. You'll have to go to the junkyard or search craigslist for a seat that will fit. I see third row seats for all kinds of SUVs on craigslist all the time.

But, your going to have to make mounting points for the seats and seatbelts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

horsin1787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
whoo-hoo, with a bit of searching on here i found this

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18936&highlight=seating

it's another post with a youtube video.

Looks like a suburban/yukon third seat can be used with installation of these brackets :)

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Does anyone know where to get those brackets though? i searched the seat shop website and can't find them.

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone done this with the suburban seat? Would like to see some pics. I have been interested in this as well.

rrjackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No experience doing this, but just wanted to say I'm intrigued and hope you are able to pull it off! I'm sure it will look super cool!

OP
OP
H

horsin1787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The people at the seat shop assured me the third seat for a suburban will fit into a tahoe with use of their brackets.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will fit, but I would think it would be real uncomfortable with no real place for your feet..

Shawn

OP
OP
H

horsin1787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we plan on putting in bucket seats as well for the second row, and we're not too worried about storage space, so the seat will be almost as far back as it can be with the doors shut. good point though.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
we plan on putting in bucket seats as well for the second row, and we're not too worried about storage space, so the seat will be almost as far back as it can be with the doors shut. good point though.

I want to install 2nd row bucket seats also, pushed back about 8" from the front seats, but no 3rd row.

Post pics when you're done!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts