99 Tahoe - Alt & Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthonyz71

Black Death Bubonic
Reaction score
:shocked:

big 3 is battery + 0g wire to alt + battery - 0g wire to chassy ground battery - 0g wire to engine ground. i am doing the big 6 . also doing 4 370a dc power alts , 2 xs power 3400d batterys , and 10 xs power 3100d batterys

Last edited:

evil_e

Reaction score
well by looking at your set up, and the dash still reading over 12 volts when this happens I really don't think your alt. is the issue here.

few questions...
1. what gauge power wire and ground are you using
2. did you scrape paint when you grounded to bare metal
3. where did you tie in you remote to

these might help me out in figuring this out. I hope.

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with sunlit and evil...I have this same problem except my voltage drops probably close to 10-10.5 when it happens. I'd check all your connections and make sure you don't have any shorts in your wiring.

Sent from my HTC One X

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I agree with sunlit and evil...I have this same problem except my voltage drops probably close to 10-10.5 when it happens. I'd check all your connections and make sure you don't have any shorts in your wiring.

Sent from my HTC One X

Then look into upgrading the expensive stuff afterwards..

Sent from my HTC One X

largewon62

Reaction score
Check your battery cables. Mine did something similar a few months ago and sometimes when I would come to a stop, the truck would shutter and shut off......like the torque converter was still locked up.......but my battery cables had worked themselves loose and developed a little corrosion. I cleaned and tightened them up and been smooth sailing for months now!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968