A couple transmission questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a few issues with my transmission, one of which is slight slipping from 2-3. I have read that a corvette servo can help with this. I just want to make sure that installing one will not further cause issues. From what I have read it should cause a faster shift thus resulting in less slipping. True?

My other issue I'm having is that occasionally it will also slip from 1-2, typically under light acceleration (under 2k rpm). The transmission shop that checked it out said if it was a true slip it would only do it under heavy acceleration. They recommended that I change the TPS, which I did but it did not help.

Also since the issue with the 1-2 slip started about 2 weeks ago when I'm cruising around 60 mph it will occasionally feel like it slips out of gear and tach up about 1k rpm over what I was cruising at then it's normal. Torque converter?

Dberdusco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More than likely the 2-4 band is wearing out. And the 3-4 frictions have too much clearance.. Common issues in these units... I work on these transmissions everyday...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts