A distracted driver finally got me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave01

Reaction score
Wow that's frustrating! Makes you wonder whey they bother to be in the collision repair business!

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score

Wow that's frustrating! Makes you wonder whey they bother to be in the collision repair business!

Unfortunately (for them) they gave me the same truck as a rental so it was pretty clear when comparing the two. They are going to order a new one as they suspect it probably was distorted in the accdent.

Honestly, the touch paint I bet most people would have missed (at least non-car people), but when you are already dealing with items you were not satisfied with you start looking at things under a microscope. You also start asking yourself, if they used touch-up paint in one spot, where did they short cut in other places?

I sort of hinted to them that I was a bit of a car enthusiast and though the Tahoe is not my Vette, I want it to look as good as new. I told the one guy, hey I'm not trying to be **** but if I were to sell this truck and someone pulls a Carfax, they'll know it was in an accident and they'll cetainly look at it as meticulously as I am.

Chopnspray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good ole collision hacks,I use to work there years ago and it was always rush to get the vehicle out the door to make the weekly numbers and would deal with come backs if the people noticed........this is why I do restoration work now it just makes me mad that I had to work that way and not do things right.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Good ole collision hacks,I use to work there years ago and it was always rush to get the vehicle out the door to make the weekly numbers and would deal with come backs if the people noticed........this is why I do restoration work now it just makes me mad that I had to work that way and not do things right.

Yeah I am starting to get that impression - quantity not quality. I guess they figure a majority of their customers won't notice.

Chopnspray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You would be surprised at the number of people that don't even look at the car,they just get in and go.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
STRIKE 3 FOR COLLISION MAX IN PENNSUAKEN, NJ

Went to pick up the Tahoe today for the 3rd time. Took me all of 1 minute to realize the glass on the liftgate wasn't lined up. Could stick my whole finger in between the glass and the gate on one side, and could barely get past my finger nail on the other. Complained to the manager. Left insurance company a message. Apparently there area manager will be calling me tomorrow.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Picked the truck up yesterday. Still not happy. The plastic backing of the tailgate is a little crooked, they overtightened the screws on the inside piece of the liftgate handle and put a hairline crack in it, and the edge of the bumper by the wheelwell has a rough edge - it was clearly not prepped before being painted. I'm hoping to take it to a Chevy dealer next week for other service and will have them look at it. Then I'll decide what I want to do.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plastic backing of the tailgate is a little crooked, they overtightened the screws on the inside piece of the liftgate handle and put a hairline crack in it, and the edge of the bumper by the wheelwell has a rough edge - it was clearly not prepped before being painted.

I hope you let them know about this before leaving.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
You would be surprised at the number of people that don't even look at the car,they just get in and go.

Not surprised at all - some people just don't care. As long as the part is in the right place and looks clean they don't care.

I hope you let them know about this before leaving.

I picked the truck up last week and told them I am taking it to a Chevy dealer for other servie. I'm going to get their opinion on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou