A few mods that I have done so far.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are a few mods that I Have done to my wifes daily. Just the normal stuff. De-badged, 20% on the front windows, and some wheels that I got on CL. The chrome was hosed on them, so I sandblasted them and used a satin black chassis paint on them. Also, I took the cross rails off the roof rack, and some Escalade rear vents. I have a 3rd light from an Escalde as well, just gotta get the glass. I've only had the truck a few months, so I gotta ways to go. Gonna paint the wheel wells and the calipers since the wheels show so much. Waiting for the rain to stop. Despirately need to lower it as well. I hate wheel well gap.lol Hoping to paint the lower valance and add a chin spoiler soon. Removing the tow hooks as well. Needs some touch up on the paint, too. Gonna wait until warmer weather for that. Oh well, slow and steady wins the race, huh......yeah right!

Attachments

• HPIM1674.JPG
    HPIM1674.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 108
  • HPIM1676.JPG
    HPIM1676.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 93
  • HPIM1677.JPG
    HPIM1677.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 93

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Are you going to color match the vent caps and front bumper cap?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
looks like a Good Start. I Second painting the bumper cap and Vent Caps!

OP
OP
T

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks for the support. I definately plan on doing some color matching. A few panels need touched up, so I think I'm gonna do some color matching as I get that stuff taken care of. Probably gonna wait until the weather breaks. It sucks, because my best friend does my paint work, but I'm moving across the country for school, and I'll be gone for 15 months. That means I gotta pay full price for paint work. Damn the luck.lol Gonna do the vents and the Escalade third brake that I have, the bumper cap and the back ground of the grill. (Gonna leave the cross bar that the bowtie's in chrome.) I'm thinking about brushing all the chrome so that it looks like brushed stainless. Not sure yet. I want to paint the lower valance black and put a chin spoiler on it. I think that will look pretty clean. Thinking about removing the moldings, too. Got alot of ideas, just not exactly sure which way to go yet. There are some really clean rides on here, just trying to stand out a little. Thanks again for the support. Great site. Glad to be a part of it.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year escalade can i get the rear vents from? i have an 02 xl denali thanks in advance

UBILLN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Despirately need to lower it as well. I hate wheel well gap.lol

you mention removing the tow hooks which means yours is probly a 4x4, so get used to some gap since you can only lower a 4x4 so much due to too much of an angle on the front shaft. I was wanting to lower mine too but once I found out that 2 inches was all I could really go I figured it wasnt worth the trouble.

chamillionTC

Reaction score
you mention removing the tow hooks which means yours is probly a 4x4, so get used to some gap since you can only lower a 4x4 so much due to too much of an angle on the front shaft. I was wanting to lower mine too but once I found out that 2 inches was all I could really go I figured it wasnt worth the trouble.

You could lower a 4x4 with no problem. It just depends how much $$$ you're willing to spend, plenty others have done it.

UBILLN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could lower a 4x4 with no problem. It just depends how much $$$ you're willing to spend, plenty others have done it.

oh well by that means of thinking I could turn my Tahoe into a corvette for the right amount of money... but all sillyness aside, for practical purposes lowering a 4x4 and keeping it one too means you wont be able to go much lower in the front than a couple inches.