A little installation guidance. DDIN, Subs and Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been working on a friend's 07 Avalanche. Putting in a JVC ddin head unit, 2 12" alpine type r subs, and an alpine amp. I have done plenty of stereo installs, but its been a few years and things have changed.

Tomorrow all I got to do to finish up is run the remote and rca's. He has the stock bose system without nav. The adapter to keep the door chimes and bose takes up the front and rear rca inputs on the head unit and there is another set of inputs for line in. If I remember correctly, these are not used for amps? What's the best way to run the rca's?

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um yeah the fronts and rears for the boss.. the aftermarket HU doesn't have the Sub outputs?.. in that case i would say bypass the harness witht he SUB RCAs ONLY!! and run those directly off the sub outs of the HU.. and let the fronts and rears go there the harness.. if there is no other option with sub outs, you can ether 1 get s LOC which you shouldn't have to do with a Aftermarket HU or get some splitters and run those between the fronts or the rears to pic up an extra RCA signal.. but if I'm thinking right the harness has the front and rear RCAs for bose and plugs into the stock system you should have the pre outs on the HU for the subs and bypass the harness all together..

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JVC Avx 740 and it has a single rca for the sub. In had to buy a y adapter and then i ran the rca's to the passenger side behind the glove box, to the trim piece by the kick panel, behind that trim, in the channel by the doors, then to the 2nd row under the seats. i may be pulling my deck out tomorrow if i do i can snap a few pics if you still have questions. the hardrest part for me was tucking the adapter, the scosche box, 2 relays for the parking brake bypass and a relay that was required to use the scosche adapter. i had to tuck all that stuff and the wires all over behind there. it was tough.

OP
OP
R

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After a ton of searching I think I figured it out. It has a single wire subwoofer preout, which I've never ran across before. I figured it was JVC's way of trying to get you to buy their amps. They even made the plug green, and the manual shows one rca connecting to a JVC amp. Apparently there are a few companies that have sub preouts like this. From what I've read, most say you're fine to run a single rca wire to the amp....I'm going to use a splitter to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the quick response. I wish it didn't get dark so early and my garage wasn't full of junk. I was almost done. I can't complain though, you don't get 55 degree weather in January all the time.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I have the JVC Avx 740 and it has a single rca for the sub. In had to buy a y adapter and then i ran the rca's to the passenger side behind the glove box, to the trim piece by the kick panel, behind that trim, in the channel by the doors, then to the 2nd row under the seats. i may be pulling my deck out tomorrow if i do i can snap a few pics if you still have questions. the hardrest part for me was tucking the adapter, the scosche box, 2 relays for the parking brake bypass and a relay that was required to use the scosche adapter. i had to tuck all that stuff and the wires all over behind there. it was tough.

Hope you read this before you pull the deck out! Thats the deck I'm putting in. The single rca definitely threw me off and I'm not looking forward to tucking all those wires in. I've always bypassed the parking brake by connecting it to a ground. I can't imagine how you got all that in there. I greatly appreciate the offer for the pics too!

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the new decks you can't just ground the parking brake. You actually have to have a relay, that hooks up to the remote wire because the HU needs to get power a few seconds after it powers up, that's how it tricks the HU into thinking that the parking brake is engaged. Anyways, it's just a little relay. I'm pulling the trim piece off to wrap it in vinyl, so I may just pull the deck out, take some pics and post them so you can see what I dealt with. I couldn't find an amp that would accept a single sub rca cable, that's why i got the splitter. Got mine on amazon for like $7.

OP
OP
R

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it all in, now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the turn signal noise to not be so loud.

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a little knob or screw on the unit? What brand did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968