????? about tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Motion

Reaction score
I'm looking to darken the factory tint on my back 5 windows. just looking for any input on the subject at all. difference between using 5% compared to 20%??? will 5% be too dark?? will 20% black the windows out pretty good?

m3mphi57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to darken the factory tint on my back 5 windows. just looking for any input on the subject at all. difference between using 5% compared to 20%??? will 5% be too dark?? will 20% black the windows out pretty good?

i have 5% all the way around with the 5% strip across the front your back is gonna be darker with the tint over the factory. u will not be able to see in with 5% on the back. its all up to how you want it to be

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with 20% over the factory tint, will i be able to see out of it at night??

the factory tint is pretty dark at night anyway. Putting any more tint on will just make it harder to see , unless you have rear spot lights!!

putting 20% over the factory tint will look good but will be real hard to see at night..

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USe 30 or 35% on the rear over factory, and 20 on the front. That will give you a very even look without compromising your visibility AS much as 5%.

B

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Aww come on now, who needs to see out at night. I am running 5% all around, with 20% over that in all back windows. And have 5% top and bottom of front windshield, **** pit style!! Makes my ride MUCH cooler during the day, I live in AZ tho. At night, it's pretty much pitch black. I gotta roll down my side windows to reverse. Nice thing about it tho, you can't look inside my ride even during the day.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww come on now, who needs to see out at night. I am running 5% all around, with 20% over that in all back windows. And have 5% top and bottom of front windshield, **** pit style!! Makes my ride MUCH cooler during the day, I live in AZ tho. At night, it's pretty much pitch black. I gotta roll down my side windows to reverse. Nice thing about it tho, you can't look inside my ride even during the day.

That would be sweet if I could get away with doing that!! My truck would look insane.!!
I would be pulled over and the truck would get towed BIG fine.. till it came off..
Mass is pretty strict. I'd never get a sticker either.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm going to my dr this week to get my pass for tint!! once i change my cracked front window, i'm going 5% all around and the front windshield will be 35%

m3mphi57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'm going to my dr this week to get my pass for tint!! once i change my cracked front window, i'm going 5% all around and the front windshield will be 35%

let me get a copy of that one lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts