About to cross over 100k miles in my 2018 Tahoe Premier 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and looking for opinions/advice on keeping my tahoe running smooth for another 100k. I just put new tires on it and I think I need a front end alignment done. I do not have AFM on it yet but do you guys feel it's worth it to do even at 100k?

What else should I be thinking about to keep her running like a top?

thanks,

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and looking for opinions/advice on keeping my tahoe running smooth for another 100k. I just put new tires on it and I think I need a front end alignment done. I do not have AFM on it yet but do you guys feel it's worth it to do even at 100k?

thanks,
plugs, wires, replace all 4 02 sensors, flush ALL fluids

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thanks,
I have 177K miles on my 2016 Tahoe. Still have the original plugs,wires and 02 sensors in it. Still get 24 MPG out on the highway on 87 octane. AFM is still enabled. Runs like brand new. Just had it serviced at Paramus Chevrolet before I head to Miami next week. Surprised the dealer did not try to upsell me anything.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disabling AFM is a personal call. The longer you keep it, the greater that chances that something will go wrong with it. But, some folks here in the Forum have had good luck with their AFM setups with no issues. Do you feel lucky?

Coyotejunki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am one of the lucky ones I guess, my 2008 LS has over 250K and still has AFM, I do regular fluid changes, though now I am replacing lower and upper control arms and ball joints first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LACajun