Abs code p0246

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

619NJ

Reaction score
Anyone know what this one is and how I can fix it?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Perhaps you mean p0246?

C0246

Part 1 Of 2

Part 2 Of 2

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The EBCM microprocessor will ground the indicated solenoid coil (RF dump/isolation, LF dump/isolation, or Rear dump/isolation) circuit to energize the solenoid coil whenever the solenoid valve is needed. Refer to ABS Braking Mode in ABS Operation. The magnetic force created by the solenoid coil will close the isolation valve.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
Open Circuit

• The ABS bulb check is complete
  • Low voltage exists on the EBCM solenoid driver circuit when high voltage is expected (the solenoid is not energized)
Shorted Circuit

• The ABS bulb check is complete
  • High voltage is present on the EBCM solenoid driver circuit when the voltage is expected to be low (solenoid energized).
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

• The ABS indicator lamp turns on
  • The ABS disables
DTCs C0241-C0254 are Ignition Latched DTCs, which indicates the above actions remain true until the ignition is turned to OFF (even if the cause of the DTC is intermittent).

DTCs C0241-C0254 are DRP critical malfunctions (except for C0243/C0244 and C0247/C0248), which means that DRIP is disabled and the BRAKE indicator lamp will also light. DTCs C0243/C0244 and C0247/C0248 are DRIP non-critical malfunctions. If any other DTC sets before this DTC is investigated and cleared, this will become a DRIP critical malfunction.

For a detailed explanation of malfunction responses, refer to Self-Diagnostics.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

• Repair the conditions responsible for setting the DTC
  • Use the Scan Tool Clear DTCs function
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
This DTC usually sets because of an open/shorted solenoid coil within the EHCU. The solenoid coil is located within the EBCM and is not serviceable. If the test does not repair the DTC, then replace the EBCM.

If this DTC sets with other DTCs, check for the following conditions:

• A poor EBCM power or signal ground
  • A poor EBCM power or ignition feed
TEST DESCRIPTION
The numbers below refer to the steps in the diagnostic table:

3. This step determines the resistance of the power ground circuit.
4. This step determines the battery voltage available to the EBCM.
7. This step determines the resistance of the signal ground circuit.
8. This step determines the ignition voltage available to the EBCM.

OP
OP
619NJ

619NJ

Reaction score
Yep that's the one ;) pulled the code using the Tech 2. Thanks for the help , Sunlit!

OP
OP
619NJ

619NJ

Reaction score
Can anyone here recommend an ABS module repair service? I've seen a bunch online; wondering if anyone has used or can recommend one.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently did mine myself. pretty damn easy. after 3 years of the damn abs/brake light coming on after hitting bumps, just fixing a few solder joints did the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo76ylqgUR8

this is only if you have the certain model EBCM. think its the kelsey harnes 325 or something like that. you can check modulemaster.com and compare your EBCM to the one they have pictured. mainly is the setup of the plugs that determine which on you have. mine didn't have the module name/number on the casing but still the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa