ABS pump noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee Dutton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All,

I have a 2002 Yukon Denali and I was so this noise I hear only a second after I start the truck and take off in DRIVE was my ABS pump.

Anyone ever had this issue?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABS pump no, autoride suspension compressor yes. Step outside by the driver side rear and if it's coming from that area, that's what it is.

AFYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When this happens to me I can feel it in the brake pedal. It just started happening last month when I had to drive over a curb with my driverside front wheel. I don't have autoride I just have autoleveling shocks. I have been searching all over the web and most is leading to ABS. If you have more insight on this Red Rocket please let me know.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When this happens to me I can feel it in the brake pedal. It just started happening last month when I had to drive over a curb with my driverside front wheel. I don't have autoride I just have autoleveling shocks. I have been searching all over the web and most is leading to ABS. If you have more insight on this Red Rocket please let me know.
I don't have much expertise with ABS but if you have self leveling then you have a suspension air compressor so the same observation would be advisable. It's easy to rule out the compressor that way.

AFYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have much expertise with ABS but if you have self leveling then you have a suspension air compressor so the same observation would be advisable. It's easy to rule out the compressor that way.
I am not the OP I just am having a similar problem, 2003 Yukon XL SLT here. I am 100% sure I don't have autoride, my RPO code for shocks is ZW7, autoride is Z55. so you are saying the auto leveling shocks also have an air compressor, I thought they were mechanical auto leveling?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not the OP I just am having a similar problem, 2003 Yukon XL SLT here. I am 100% sure I don't have autoride, my RPO code for shocks is ZW7, autoride is Z55. so you are saying the auto leveling shocks also have an air compressor, I thought they were mechanical auto leveling?
The only actual auto leveling I know of uses air. The ZW7 might be the Nivomat shocks which are not Auto leveling but are magnetic damping I believe. I could be wrong though.

AFYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only actual auto leveling I know of uses air. The ZW7 might be the Nivomat shocks which are not Auto leveling but are magnetic damping I believe. I could be wrong though.
yes they are the Nivomat which are called auto leveling. I still have my window sticker which states this, but to bring back to the OP question and my problem there wouldn't be a compressor for these. I think it is something with the ABS for me at least. I was hoping others with the same symptoms will chime in in the next few days.

OP
OP
L

Lee Dutton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, now here we go! I have been asking this FOREVER!!

What it is.. is I take off, I could drive a mile in reverse and nothing happens.. I then shift in to drive... take off 10 feet and it go EHHHHH and stops and I feel it in my feet as well. I thought it was powersteering pump but its not I don't think. It sound like a valve actuator is stuck and is trying to move. It goes for about 1 - 2 seconds and stops for the rest of the day UNLESS you turn car off and take off again. SUPER ANNOYING!

OP
OP
L

Lee Dutton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ABS pump no, autoride suspension compressor yes. Step outside by the driver side rear and if it's coming from that area, that's what it is.
ok, now here we go! I have been asking this FOREVER!!

What it is.. is I take off, I could drive a mile in reverse and nothing happens.. I then shift in to drive... take off 10 feet and it go EHHHHH and stops and I feel it in my feet as well. I thought it was powersteering pump but its not I don't think. It sound like a valve actuator is stuck and is trying to move. It goes for about 1 - 2 seconds and stops for the rest of the day UNLESS you turn car off and take off again. SUPER ANNOYING!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar