Ac compressor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Yes, that's normal. Your compressor can stay on all the time, or cycle on/off. I'm going to replace my compressor here maybe next month? I'll do a how-to on it. Swapping the pump is easy, and then take it to a shop for a full flush. Too easy.

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. That how-to would be much appreciated; it's already getting pretty warm here in AZ. So replace I should replace with ACDELCO compressor from rockauto.com? Also, what other stuff should i replace with it?

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new Murray compressor. It's labeled as 'new', and is not a re-man. The compressor, orifice, and dryer all cost right at $200. I hope I'll have good luck with the 'new' compressor. I haven't had the best of luck with re-man units.

My 200K mile OEM compressor started rattling and squealing. It sounds like it's ready to throw a piston out the side!!

Installing the new parts isn't hard. Pulling a vacuum on the system and properly recharging it again is the tricky part.

I have a vacuum pump, gauges, and a 20# bottle of 134a, so it's no biggie! :D

Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jburke1