Aftermarket radio no sound after battery disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this 04 Yukon Denali with an after market radio installed, factory Bose system. Rear speakers worked so I figured the fronts were just blown. I did some work to the truck and had to disconnect the battery, but when I reconnected it the radio is acting like it’s working, but no sound at all. I pulled the console to check it all and found out that the previous owner bypassed the amp and wired speakers directly to head unit. But one plug is still connected to amp. Is there something I have to reset for the speakers to work again? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this 04 Yukon Denali with an after market radio installed, factory Bose system. Rear speakers worked so I figured the fronts were just blown. I did some work to the truck and had to disconnect the battery, but when I reconnected it the radio is acting like it’s working, but no sound at all. I pulled the console to check it all and found out that the previous owner bypassed the amp and wired speakers directly to head unit. But one plug is still connected to amp. Is there something I have to reset for the speakers to work again? Thanks
might need to do some kind of reset on the radio or have you tried disconnecting the battery again?

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, the installer ran a separate power wire from the new amp to the battery. The mechanic failed to reconnect it, so the head unit acted normal, but there was no sound.

I'd check fuses too.

joe

OP
OP
T

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
might need to do some kind of reset on the radio or have you tried disconnecting the battery again?
Yes I have and it did the same thing. It’s got to be a reset of some sort because it worked when I bought it

OP
OP
T

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On mine, the installer ran a separate power wire from the new amp to the battery. The mechanic failed to reconnect it, so the head unit acted normal, but there was no sound.

I'd check fuses too.

joe
I’ll check but it’s so weird that it worked, I disconnected the battery, then stopped working. I’m gonna dive into it tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUWILLMS