Alright, we've got mpg and overall miles, how about how many hours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redeuce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here, but I think I have you all beat. 98,500 miles- 12,137 hours. I wish
I would have known about this feature before I bought the truck! It was a Municipal auction- 2003 Tahoe that was used by the evidence technician of a city police department. What does that compute to in regular driving miles- about half a million? lol

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here, but I think I have you all beat. 98,500 miles- 12,137 hours. I wish
I would have known about this feature before I bought the truck! It was a Municipal auction- 2003 Tahoe that was used by the evidence technician of a city police department. What does that compute to in regular driving miles- about half a million? lol

There are several reasons to never buy a used gov't fleet vehicle, and that's one of them. That's a LOT of hours!!

redeuce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I know. It runs and drives like a top, oil pressure is adequate, no noises, nothing in the pan or filter when I serviced it, but I suspect with that many hours on it I may be in line for problems.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow thats cool i didn't know about that.

I replaced my cluster from the bone yard and it says

174xxx
6412.2 hours
but my truck really only has around 135xxx miles on it and a lot less hours

2001 yukon xl
i live in texas so i never have to warm up my truck.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yea, I know. It runs and drives like a top, oil pressure is adequate, no noises, nothing in the pan or filter when I serviced it, but I suspect with that many hours on it I may be in line for problems.

On the other hand, with the right fleet mechanics, you can get top-notch vehicles this way, too. It helps to know with whom you're dealing, though. As long as she's running good and clean, I wouldn't sweat it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968