Alternator Swap - AD244 145 amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correction!! the atl on my sister tahoe is the dr44 and it's a 160 amp i need to find a
used one of these.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correction!! the atl on my sister tahoe is the dr44 and it's a 160 amp i need to find a
used one of these.

Is this a direct bolt in for a stock OBS Vortec or for a custom set up? I need to do my big 3.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is. You might have to change the harness that plugs in to the alt.

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you for the information on swapping the alternator from the NBS to the OBS. I purchased an alternator from the junk yard making sure it was the KG3 option code. My factory alternator worked fine until I connected my trailer. The extra draw would make my aftermarket radio blink in and out when I used the AC and turn signals at the same time. Watching the gauge drop way done. Changed the alternator the KG3 option (145 amp) and all problems are gone (guage stay at 14). Again thank you the heads up. Saved me a fortune from having to buy an aftermarket 200a one.

P.S. For the belt size my factory one was a 960k6... I purchased a 968k6 and that worked perfectly. Total out of pocket expense $70 bucks... Got to love it... D

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today! Put it on and with a/c full blast and the lights on sits at like 13.5 on the gauge and that's without my big 3 done...perfect upgrade!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968