Amp speaker and sub install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the amp works fine, no heat issues at all, but I don't rock it at max volume for very long. But for normal listening at 1 hour a time, no issues at all. My amp was to wide to fit between the black rails and my seats would only fold down about 80% of the way, which was why I went under the console instead of under the seat.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats good to hear i was thinking of putting my amp there and get the jl stealth box so itll all be hidden but the jl box/10" sub is $500+ so i just thru in my 12" infinity in the back . its such a pain when i need to use my 3rd row haha .. i am pretty surprised how well the sound material works in these trucks, i crank up the music and shut the door its hard to even here on the outside except the vent things by the gate they go nuts viberating haha .

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats good to hear i was thinking of putting my amp there and get the jl stealth box so itll all be hidden but the jl box/10" sub is $500+ so i just thru in my 12" infinity in the back . its such a pain when i need to use my 3rd row haha .. i am pretty surprised how well the sound material works in these trucks, i crank up the music and shut the door its hard to even here on the outside except the vent things by the gate they go nuts viberating haha .

On the rear vent caps vibrating... I call it fluttering and I know is so annoying. You can fiberglass the vent caps (what I did) or you can get esky vent caps and they won't flutter as much cause there's less holes for air to travel out through. I fiberglassed my vent caps and then used sound deaden paint and then 2 layers of deadening mat and I have 0% fluttering now. I just need to shave the wiper on the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus