Another happy lowered customer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Roli -- What's your ground-to-fender measurement in the rear (without the spacer in)? And is there one height when the rear hasn't aired up, and another height after it airs up?

Thanks.

like i said just pull your spacer out and go from there. Im not sure why your making so many posts on the same thing lol. It takes 15 minutes to pull the spacers out get under that big rig you have and pull those guys out today lol

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roli -- What's your ground-to-fender measurement in the rear (without the spacer in)? And is there one height when the rear hasn't aired up, and another height after it airs up?

Thanks.

The same day it was lowered I had measured the LR only and it was 34 7/16". I suspect it is even lower now that it has been a week later. I will measure again tonight. I believe there will be 2 heights because seconds after I start the truck I can hear the air ride motor running. I am assuming it is lifting it up.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Roli. I know you have said that the rear looks too low to you. It sounds like maybe it looks too low even AFTER it has aired up, huh?

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Roli. I know you have said that the rear looks too low to you. It sounds like maybe it looks too low even AFTER it has aired up, huh?

Well once it airs up I am in it and driving so I don't get to see how it looks. :D

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

like i said just pull your spacer out and go from there. Im not sure why your making so many posts on the same thing lol. It takes 15 minutes to pull the spacers out get under that big rig you have and pull those guys out today lol

I want to put my spacers in. Is it just a matter of putting them in or do the links need to be adjusted as well? My plan is just to jack it up and slip them in and be done.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well once it airs up I am in it and driving so I don't get to see how it looks. :D

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I want to put my spacers in. Is it just a matter of putting them in or do the links need to be adjusted as well? My plan is just to jack it up and slip them in and be done.

Just wondering why you want to put the spacers in. With the spacers out and 3 inches should sit good. If it comes up when you sit in it. just set the links to 2.75 inches. With teh 1 inch spacer in will sit to hi.

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why you want to put the spacers in. With the spacers out and 3 inches should sit good. If it comes up when you sit in it. just set the links to 2.75 inches. With teh 1 inch spacer in will sit to hi.

I wanted to put the spacer in because as it sits now the rear looks even and sometimes a tad bit lower than the front. But that is only when it is parked. Once I get in it and go somewhere I can hear the auto ride motor running so I assume it is raising it. So maybe it is all good. It rides good though so I'd hate to mess with it. My only complaint is that my front 305/40/22's rub when I have the wheel turned far enough. :(

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if its on the lower rear fenderwells just pm me I have a fix ive been using for a while.

OP
OP
R

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Just got home and measured all around. I'm assuming it is aired up at this point. I will measure again in the morning after it has sat all night to see if anything changes.

LF= 33 13/16"
LR= 34 2/16"
RF= 34 7/16"
RR= 34"

I am shocked that the FRONT of my Tahoe is quite a bit different off from each other. Can anyone explain why? My Tahoe has 75K miles so I suspect suspension wear maybe? :think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx