Another Mod completed....GMPP CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Had I known it looked that clean I wouldve considered it. Some say the polished intake tubes tend to heat up the air flowing through it making for less "cold air" (which ends up decreasing the amount of HP). All of this is speculation but basically the plastic intake tubes can produce more HP's and they are cheaper :)
For looks though you are right, that's worth every penny!

I have heard the same things about metal vs. plastic tubes as well....Not trying to make alot of HP...just wanted something that has a clean or factory look to it. I 'left' myself a little MOD money to play with initially when I bought the truck....enough for tint,HIDs, and an intake for starters. I made a little extra from the sale of my previous vehicle so I took that $$$ and used it for mods.....I guess if I had to set aside $$$ for a CAI, I prolly would have gotten a K&N or something cheaper.....

Looks very clean! If it's an oiled filter be sure and clean your MAF after you run it for a bit. My Banks Ram-Air fouled mine initially but now it's great.

Thanks and it is a dry filter.....I read about oiled filters f'in with the MAF sensors and was another reason why I bought this one.....Thanks for the heads-up though.

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know this is an old thread but i just got another tahoe and just ordered this up as my first mod
i just wanted to see if you are still running this intake and if you have any comments or complaints about it

Reaction score
OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The linked one is for an 07+ I'm guessing while mine is an 06'.

Reaction score
The linked one is for an 07+ I'm guessing while mine is an 06'.

I gotcha, well I ordered the GMPP Intake Part number :17801346 yesterday.

The description stated "2001-07 Fullsize GM Pick-ups & SUVs"

I hope it fits my 06 Tahoe z71:) and thanks for the inspiration!!! I really like your ride man!

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the same part # as mine-I had to do a little researching to find the original order--you will love it--underhood eye candy :D

And thanks for the kind words.......

Reaction score
Hey Jason I just got my GMPP Intake in today and had one question before I install it. The Intake came with a foam piece which it does not give reference to in the instruction manual. Do you just remove the inner foam piece and stick the outer foam piece to the side of the airbox? Thanks in advance for your help man.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
If I understand your question, the answer is yes. The foam piece goes on the outside of the air box to act as a cushion between the air box and the inner fender. I'm a pics guy, so pictures will help if I answered wrong.

Btw, I have the GMPP CAI on my NNBS Tahoe (see sig). I've had it for several months and still love it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Jason I just got my GMPP Intake in today and had one question before I install it. The Intake came with a foam piece which it does not give reference to in the instruction manual. Do you just remove the inner foam piece and stick the outer foam piece to the side of the airbox? Thanks in advance for your help man.

Connor is right....remove the inner piece and use it like a cushion between the airbox and inner fender......I'd snap a pic but its such a tight fit you won't see anything ;)