Another wheel theft thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fiatdale

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Cop said these guys run in teams. First group scouts out, jacks, takes lugs off, puts on blocks, then the next team comes by shortly after with a box truck and they chuck the wheels in. West side Chevrolet here in Katy apparently had 78 SETS stolen off trucks about 8 months ago. It's a HUGE problem. Definitely not someone I know. I have Allstate, and they've been good to me in the past with accident claims, they should be fine on this one too.

You guys will get a kick out of this though, when I called in the claim as a theft, the woman asks what was stolen, I said they stole my wheels. "Oh I'm very sorry to hear that. Did they take the tires too?" Are you kidding me?!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys will get a kick out of this though, when I called in the claim as a theft, the woman asks what was stolen, I said they stole my wheels. "Oh I'm very sorry to hear that. Did they take the tires too?" Are you kidding me?!

Nope, had ****** tires so they took the time to dismount them and left them here.

Thanks for asking though...

:happy107:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Never see that happen up here in north tx. You didn't put your vin on the inside hidden like I've said in other theft posts do you?..

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They caught a crew here in ny that had a air setup in the truck. They would pull alongside you throw a big airbag underneath your ride pop your wheels off deflate the bag and leave you on the rotors.

They caught the guy because he actually had a warehouse full of wheels he was selling from. They brought a couple of sets from him then He invited the undercovers back to his warehouse once he trusted them.

OP
OP
fiatdale

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I guess what they do here is sell them to mom n pop wheels shops for them to resell

jbb01

Reaction score
My question is if the cops know what the hell their MO is then why the hell haven't they been caught?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do that with car mirrors allot here in the Bronx. There is a strip from grand concourse to Jerome av from 199-167 where there isn't at least one person who hasn't had their mirrors stolen.

They sell them on Jerome av from the same streets. Guys stop you in the street trying to sell them back to you.

OP
OP
fiatdale

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Landscaping bricks were taken from the neighbors landscaping. If you saw how many Chevy trucks with 20s there are in Houston and surrounding areas, you'd understand why they can't control it. They're everywhere, literally. He said its just as bad as marijuana (not literally) but its so wide spread its impossible to catch them all during the act because they're so good at it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313