Any Advice for Move to NNBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently slum around in the NBS section of the forum but I am thinking real hard about selling my 02 and moving into a NNBS 'hoe. Looking at a pretty clean 2WD 08 with ~70K miles on it (my 02 has 200K+).

My brother is highway patrol and they run tahoe's. He said the NBS were much more reliable than the NNBS. Lots of problems with the newer ones....
Seeing how that's just his opinion, I thought I'd check here. How have the 07/08's been for overall reliability and build quality? I've only driven them as loaners/rentals. As the truck I buy won't have warranty, I'll be doing repair work myself. I know my 02 inside and out already, how are the new ones?

Any thoughts/advice?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the exception of the tranny in my '09, I find my '09 better than my '02 in just about every way.

I remember feeling that the '09 felt a lot heavier at first, but it's a non-issue now.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2!!! Our 07 is nicer in every single way when compared to the '02 we had. I like the NBS trucks but I'd choose and 07+ over a NBS in every category!!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 01 Tahoe prior to my NNBS vehicles which consisted of an 08 Tahoe and now an 07 Escalade/07 Avalanche. I love em and haven't had any issues with any of them actually. I loved my 01 Tahoe but think the NNBS took it to another level. I definitely won't regret moving up from the NBS to the NNBS.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a NBS Silverado, honestly I've loved both that truck and my NNBS Tahoe.

Swag factor is higher in a NNBS though! Haha

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that. I'm a little bit nervous about trading in what has been a pretty darn good truck for a complete unknown and starting over (I do a LOT of business travel). Right now I can get a fair price if I sell the 02 and have an 08 Edge I have to get out of the garage (was going to drive the edge but after driving the tahoe for 7 mos. it's too small), so I might sell the 02, trade the edge and upgrade to the NNBS.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go NNBS, interior is way cleaner suspension feels better engine wise its the same. But u will have a better looking truck IMO. I haven't had any problem with my 07 Yukon at all. And have 81K miles on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 03 Tahoe and now have an 07 Tahoe. They both are great trucks. My 07 feels alot different though in the power department, it's much better.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 03 Tahoe and now have an 07 Tahoe. They both are great trucks. My 07 feels alot different though in the power department, it's much better.

With the same engine? I've got the 4.8 in my 02 and the 08 I'm looking at tomorrow has it too. I never got the BB tune in the 02 but would consider it for the new one.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No real problems to announce with my 07

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DurtyCurty840