Any Advice for Move to NNBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.... just a crappy camera phone pic.

IMG00136-20120114-1656.gif

Should be ready to pick up on Monday- they had a short list of stuff to do for me- fix a door molding coming off, find a cup holder, clean some stuff in the interior. The truck has the factory prep for remote start (RPO AP8) so I asked them to put that on...... I'll put a heat gun to it when I bring it home and remove the tape pinstripe and tahoe stickers on the side windows (I suspect the dealer put them on- not sure why), take off the dealer tags and the window visor shades. They said they only had it on the lot 4-5 days and can't keep them on the lot but we still got the deal we wanted.

The steering wheel trim is peeling so I'll want to get on that really fast.....

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Thanks! I'll need a while to give the interior fair comparison judgement. The seats feel better and there are no squeaks but my 02 has over 200K so she's a bit tired. I want to get the katzkins leather kit on it too, hopefully before too long.

Crappy Camera or not, I think you got yourself a VERY FINE ride there, Congratulations. I like the color as well as the wheels.

I agree with everything you are planning on doing and I really think you got the right idea.

Just one thing IMHO, I would NOT get rid of those window deflectors/visor shades. They are very practical and will come in handy. I personally even think they look good, but that of course is debateable.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crappy Camera or not, I think you got yourself a VERY FINE ride there, Congratulations. I like the color as well as the wheels.

I agree with everything you are planning on doing and I really think you got the right idea.

Just one thing IMHO, I would NOT get rid of those window deflectors/visor shades. They are very practical and will come in handy. I personally even think they look good, but that of course is debateable.

Well, if people didn't like them (the window deflectors) they wouldn't sell so many but I like a nice clean look and I think they add wind noise, so they'll come off mine. Thanks....

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I'll have to kindly disagree with you Garry. I've had both a NBS and my 07 and the interior is MUCH nicer in my 07 than the NBS I had.

Idk there's a ton of thin plastic and thespeakers aren't as good stock IMHO my soeakers really crank for an 01 lt almost sounds like a slightly modded simple system with a great bass.. Moms lt traverse shallow sounding speakers no boom whatsoeer but hey I don't own one as a dd so my judgement may be off idk inline them and want one badly but I'm somewhat disappointed maybe I'll have to go for a test drive :rocking:

Not bad mouthing nnbs again I want one !! Nor do I have it as a dd :handshake:

Is the 5.3 in the nnbs as reliable ?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if people didn't like them (the window deflectors) they wouldn't sell so many but I like a nice clean look and I think they add wind noise, so they'll come off mine. Thanks....

As we all always say here, do what you like, we all just simply share our opinions. :)

Awakened

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice buy! Let me know how much you paid, I'd like to get the wife something like that soon.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk there's a ton of thin plastic and thespeakers aren't as good stock IMHO my soeakers really crank for an 01 lt almost sounds like a slightly modded simple system with a great bass.. Moms lt traverse shallow sounding speakers no boom whatsoeer but hey I don't own one as a dd so my judgement may be off idk inline them and want one badly but I'm somewhat disappointed maybe I'll have to go for a test drive :rocking:

Not bad mouthing nnbs again I want one !! Nor do I have it as a dd :handshake:

Is the 5.3 in the nnbs as reliable ?
:High 5:
IMO the traverse is apples and oranges to a gmt900. The sound systems in these is nothing to write home about for sure. It's ok but the stock system in my 99 denali was better than the stock system in the Burb to be honest. But as far as interior comfort and options available it's quite a bit better in the nnbs as compared to the nbs rigs IMO. I've 2 nbs rigs and they were good rides but I personally like the burbs interior much better :shrug:

As far as the 5.3, I've found it to be as reliable as the other 5.3's I've had. Overall the 5.3 is a great motor! :)

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Well burb you may have sold me haha the traverses cloth seats are comfortable!! 5.3 nnbs much stronger and Felix it's i believe you !!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Doesn't the Buick Enclave offer a 5.3?

Regardless, my wife wants an Acadia. I keep trying to sway her over to a Hyhoe because she wants a SUV with superior fuel economy. My concern with the Traverse/Acadia/Enclave/Outlook platform is what I've been seeing and hearing about reliability problems. I've heard of timing chains breaking and seen the rack and pinions failing. That's unacceptable for a vehicle still in its warranty period.

Btw, imo, I'd lose those for window rain deflectors, but only to replace them with the in channel ones made and sold by www.weathertech.com. They cost more, but look and feel better.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmeier6191331

Latest posts