Any module out there yet to turn the FOG LIGHTS auto-on with the headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was able to buy a module for my '02 whereby my fog lights came on automatically with my headlights, but I don't see anything out there for the '07+s.

Anyone know of anything yet?

Yes, I like the look with the fogs on. But, I also like the fact that it puts more light on the shoulder/sides of the road, too. And yes, I'm lazy, so I'd like something to turn the lights on automatically so that I don't have to.

Thanks,

/< / /2 /<

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NBS fogs are so weak that even when used as foglites they are rather hapless. Just try them w/o the headlites at nite to see how little illumination they provide.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NBS fogs are so weak that even when used as foglites they are rather hapless. Just try them w/o the headlites at nite to see how little illumination they provide.

You're right man. I am going to cut mine off of my bumper tonight!

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Hey all,

I was able to buy a module for my '02 whereby my fog lights came on automatically with my headlights, but I don't see anything out there for the '07+s.

Anyone know of anything yet?

Yes, I like the look with the fogs on. But, I also like the fact that it puts more light on the shoulder/sides of the road, too. And yes, I'm lazy, so I'd like something to turn the lights on automatically so that I don't have to.

Thanks,

/< / /2 /<

Someone on another forum did a write up as I recall. I do not know if this forum has anyone with that expertise.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey Shark -- I know you're kind of "anti-fog/running-light," but I'm not looking to light up the night sky with these. I know what light they provide. I wasn't asking about their output, rather how I could get them to come on with the headlights. For me, they light up the sides of the road well enough.

Thanks for the reply.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You maybe able to pull the fog light circuit out of the fuse box and tie it to the parking lamps or headlights.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You maybe able to pull the fog light circuit out of the fuse box and tie it to the parking lamps or headlights.

Md -- Yeah, that's above my skill level. LOL Sounds like there is a market for a pre-wired module that can be spliced into the existing system. I just don't know enough about it to be able to make it myself.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2001 pickup it was pretty easy. I never did the mod, but if memory serves me a jumper wire (or resistor or capacitor) was run between 2 functions in the fuse box. Like mentioned above. It sounded pretty simple. I'm not sure it applies to the new body style. I would like to do it too. No stock fog lights are outstanding, I just like the look better when they are on.

I'll ask some of the electrical engineers here at work what they think.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2001 pickup it was pretty easy. I never did the mod, but if memory serves me a jumper wire (or resistor or capacitor) was run between 2 functions in the fuse box. Like mentioned above. It sounded pretty simple. I'm not sure it applies to the new body style. I would like to do it too. No stock fog lights are outstanding, I just like the look better when they are on.

I'll ask some of the electrical engineers here at work what they think.

Hey thanks, Mr. B! I would imagine that it'd be a relatively simple set up for an electrical engineer to diagram. Keep us posted, please!

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could get them to come on with the DRLs.

Probably the same basic wiring, just a different source.

People did that mod for my old 4Runner. IIRC it involved modifying the fog light relay to take power from the DRL source instead of it's own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968