anybody realize power loss at take off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been realizing that there has been a significant amount of power loss, or acceleration problems at take off. If I'm looking at a tune up, what should I be tuning up? What other things can I take a look at that have to do with the acceleration?

Thanks TYFers

MUDDER TRUCKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure, when was the last time u changed ur plugs? , mine loses power at 70 then climbes back up for some reason

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been realizing that there has been a significant amount of power loss, or acceleration problems at take off. If I'm looking at a tune up, what should I be tuning up? What other things can I take a look at that have to do with the acceleration?

Thanks TYFers

get ahold of justin at blackbear performance..hes a vender here..best mod for the money

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
egr?? unplug the line going to the egr and see if it runs better
i had this problem i did all kinds of stuff to my hoe then come to find out it was a bad egr valve

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clogging fuel filter? How many miles on truck? Stock wires, plugs, fuel filter?

Is this a recent change?

OP
OP
drowndindreams

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clogging fuel filter? How many miles on truck? Stock wires, plugs, fuel filter?

Is this a recent change?

AC Delco plugs put in at around 120-140K (now at 172K), replaced wires with them,

but the fuel filter was recently replaced by a used but newer same model - figured I'd save the money. Think that'd be it?

I've noticed it very recently, within 3 or 4 weeks I'd say.

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am alos experiencing lets say a "loss of balls" lately , going to try a standrad tune up with a fuel filter hopefully that helps. even though the last tune up was in may 09 7,000 miles ago (acdelco plugs , new wires(kind of cheap), car and rotor )

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
i am alos experiencing lets say a "loss of balls" lately , going to try a standrad tune up with a fuel filter hopefully that helps. even though the last tune up was in may 09 7,000 miles ago (acdelco plugs , new wires(kind of cheap), car and rotor )

Do not skimp on the wires. I have seen first hand what cheap wires can do. Replace the PCV valve too. Clean out the TB and check the EGR valve.

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know for sure my egr is ****** . i drive around with it unplugged. it you leave it pluggged in it runs like it has a cam at 1500 - 2000, but unplugged it wasnt too bad . now it is slow as shit. it is a 95 so no tune for me.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used Fuel Filter....are you ***** serious? Things are less then $20 bux. A clogged up fuel filter will cause your fuel pump to burn out and you'll be out mucho money for fuel pump and labor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou