Anyone else's wipers not work the way you'd like them to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, mine also would sometime times not turn on automatically. They replaced the sensors and now it works great. Service adviser at Huffiness in Plano said sensors act up more often then not.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, mine also would sometime times not turn on automatically. They replaced the sensors and now it works great. Service adviser at Huffiness in Plano said sensors act up more often then not.

Ah-ha... Ok, thanks for this info. Now, would you say that yours just wouldn't turn on at ALL, or were they just SLOW to turn on? I'm wondering if the sensors can slowly go bad and not work "as well," or if they either work or don't work with no in between. If they can start to not work well, then maybe mine was never very good.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once or twice, mine just come on while they're dry. I just figured it was having a fit or something.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where the sensors are, and how many there are? (If I end up taking it in to the dealer, I'd like to know as much as I can about the system.)

Thanks!

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where the sensors are, and how many there are? (If I end up taking it in to the dealer, I'd like to know as much as I can about the system.)

Thanks!

I think it is located up by the rear view mirror.

hoserty

Reaction score
The sensor for the wipers is just behind the rearview mirror if you want to test this out leave them in the lowest setting and clean your windshield with the squege at a gas station. the wipers will turn right as you go over the mirror area

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also keep mine on the highest sensitivity before "constant", and they wait too long to come on. So when I need them, I just turn the knob down 1 setting and back up 1 setting.

So no, they don't really work the way I'd like them to. My mom thinks her Escalade has "ghost wipers" that come on and spray the windshield randomly...but it's actually her purse hitting the Heated Windshield Fluid button, haha.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

thought the sensor was tha ball looking thing on top of the dash by the front defroster??

I think that's the sensor that tells your headlights/dash lights to illuminate when it detects a low brightness level.

DFWTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah-ha... Ok, thanks for this info. Now, would you say that yours just wouldn't turn on at ALL, or were they just SLOW to turn on? I'm wondering if the sensors can slowly go bad and not work "as well," or if they either work or don't work with no in between. If they can start to not work well, then maybe mine was never very good.

wipers worked sometimes, most of the time I had to turn them on manual.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda know what your talkin about....

I changed the blades on my truck 2 1/2 weeks ago...they were PHUCKED.... I got Rain-X and did the ENTIRE windshield...TWICE...and put the Rain-X blades on...now after treating the windshield...I dont even have to use my windshield wipers in the rain anymore! :D

try it out...its definitely worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968