Anyone running 33's on 22's ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What's up y'all? I have a '09 Yukon 4WD w/ a 2.5" front leveling kit & 1.5" rear coil spacer.

Wanting to run a 33" AT on a set of either 22x9 or 9.5.

The best tire I've found in a 33" r22 w/ a decent AT tread pattern are the Nitto TG's, but I can't decide if I should run a 285/50/22 or a 305/45/22. I'm familiar with tire sizes and the technical jargon, but this is my first Yukon, & I'm wanting to know if anyone out there is currently running a 285/50/r22 tire & what it might look like, or any recommendations you may have before making a purchase. It looks like I'd need to do some fender well trimming regardless. Anyone running tires like these having any rubbing issues??

I'd greatly appreciate any advice on the matter.

Last edited:

Maximum Auto Works

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would run a 305 45 22 I have done one truck on them looked great. Filled up the wheel well great.

Look into the Toyo Open Country A/T 305 45 22, you will get the most bang for your buck with it.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, actually im havin the Nitto TG 305's put on as we speak. I have a 2500 yukon xl and i didn't need to level it to put them under it with 22's. I am havin it leveled anyway. Should look awsome.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
What's up y'all? I have a '09 Yukon 4WD w/ a 2.5" front leveling kit & 1.5" rear coil spacer.

Wanting to run a 33" AT on a set of either 22x9 or 9.5.

The best tire I've found in a 33" r22 w/ a decent AT tread pattern are the Nitto TG's, but I can't decide if I should run a 285/50/22 or a 305/45/22. I'm familiar with tire sizes and the technical jargon, but this is my first Yukon, & I'm wanting to know if anyone out there is currently running a 285/50/r22 tire & what it might look like, or any recommendations you may have before making a purchase. It looks like I'd need to do some fender well trimming regardless. Anyone running tires like these having any rubbing issues??

I'd greatly appreciate any advice on the matter.

Your rig looks great man. What leveling kit did you go with?

red08yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1st of all nice lookin Yukon. Looks very similar to mine. Victory red was hard to get huh! I am running 305-45-22 Toyo A/T's with no problem at all. All stock suspension. So with a leveling kit you would have no problems. I would think you could go up to a 33 without much difficulty. Not sure the exact size differance but pretty sure the 33 is a little bigger.

Attachments

• 100_0557.jpg
    100_0557.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
OP
OP
Victory Is Mine
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply, but I greatly appreciate the advice and compliments.

I agree the Toyo Open Country A/T's are great tires, as I ran a set on my work truck, but after seeing a set of 305/40/22 Nitto's on one of my crew hands' Avalanche, I decided on the Nitto's for now.

I Just bought the 285/50/22 Nitto TG's off eBay in a Discount Tire closeout, and got a great deal compared to everywhere else I looked at pricing.

Also, after months of looking at wheels and not finding anything I liked in black, I decided to go with a set of the factory 22x9 sport wheels, which is like a $3800 option from a dealer, but I found some new take-offs for 1/3 of that thanks to eBay again.

Planning on having the wheels powder coated black, locally, once they come in. Maybe I'll have it all done by Christmas, and can get some pics posted soon.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Your rig looks great man. What leveling kit did you go with?

Sorry for the delayed reply...

The manufacturer is Suspension Maxx, and I bought it off Summit Racing's Website...where it was actually cheaper than Suspension Maxx's Site price. Although it was back-ordered and took two week's to come in from Summit, it was a fairly simple and no-brainer install in the driveway, and really made a subtle, yet noticeable difference in the stance. I didn't want the whole suspension lift again, but I had to do something since I couldn't see myself owning a 4WD with a set of 26's and rubber band tires on it.