Apparently Ford doesn't like profits: alienating the majority of Americans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bocephous

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is something else to consider: If people want to force the world off fossil fuels, exhaust fossil fuels -- don't conserve them! I'm doing my part by having all my family in V8 trucks... :)
If I had the power to do so I'd double down on the extraction of "fossil" fuels. We have a lot of them, gas and coal in my area, and by not utilizing our own natural resources we're willingly held hostage to our "enemies" by our backward policies. The whole "climate change" agenda is an attempt to wring more money from tax (extortion) paying citizens. When I was a kid it was "another ice age is coming." Next it was "global warming." Now it's "climate change." Follow the science? "Science" can't make up it's mind. It's all about fleecing us.
Winter of 2019-2020 the price I paid for a ton of bagged nut coal was $234.50, which I thought was reasonable. I live in NEPA, close to where it is extracted. Fast forward to winter of 2022-2023 and the price had jumped to $499 for the same coal from the same store.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the push for electric vehicles without a push for a solar and wind powered charging infrastructure leads me to believe it ain’t about the environment.

Bocephous

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't understand the "but". There's no conflict or disagreement here.

joe
I misunderstood your statement. My point being even if government decides it is going to take them away my rights still exist. Their attempting to do so is exercising power that hasn't been granted to them.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only God-given role that government (and government officials) plays is securing my God-given rights with righteous force, if need be. But they don't. In their reprobate minds good is evil and evil is good.
I agree with EVERYTHING you said but this. Government, in and of itself, is not evil. It is the people who make it up that either wield righteous force or tyrannical power. Government, however, allows people to use power, and that corrupts a lot of people.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the power to do so I'd double down on the extraction of "fossil" fuels. We have a lot of them, gas and coal in my area, and by not utilizing our own natural resources we're willingly held hostage to our "enemies" by our backward policies. The whole "climate change" agenda is an attempt to wring more money from tax (extortion) paying citizens. When I was a kid it was "another ice age is coming." Next it was "global warming." Now it's "climate change." Follow the science? "Science" can't make up it's mind. It's all about fleecing us.
Winter of 2019-2020 the price I paid for a ton of bagged nut coal was $234.50, which I thought was reasonable. I live in NEPA, close to where it is extracted. Fast forward to winter of 2022-2023 and the price had jumped to $499 for the same coal from the same store.
:Gulp: I *totally* agree. Climate Change is what is used to try to tame the 800 lb gorilla in the room (the United States).

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the push for electric vehicles without a push for a solar and wind powered charging infrastructure leads me to believe it ain’t about the environment.
This is a conspiracy theory, but it seems so true: Forcing us into electric vehicles without the proper infrastructure gives government control of our free movement from place to place.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everything else without a will of its own, gov't is a tool; not inherently good or evil.

It just attracts more of the sociopaths, greedy, and crooks than wrenches do.

joe

Bocephous

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with EVERYTHING you said but this. Government, in and of itself, is not evil. It is the people who make it up that either wield righteous force or tyrannical power. Government, however, allows people to use power, and that corrupts a lot of people.
Theoretically I agree with this. And I do agree we need government, for the reason I listed. And I also agree that the people in government are the problem. I'll also go one step beyond this and say this: as someone who trys to pour everything I learn through the sieve that is the Bible I understand that there is a power behind those people. And that power is not God. It is allowed by God, but it is not Him.

All that to say I agree with everything you wrote there, but I'd add to it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If folks knew the truth about "fossil" fuels, that oil is made in the earth and does not come from extinct dinosaurs, the push for EVs would soon vanish and "they" would move on to another lie and get rich quick scheme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranger777