Arnott Bilstein self leveling rear shocks rock!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear self leveling electronic shocks in my Denali finally crapped out. First it was the electronic functionality, then more recently the air bags started to leak.
And of course the GM extended warranty doesn't cover shocks (or power steering hoses, or bad XM radio module). so when I found out that the replacement factory shocks are $500+ each I decided to look elsewhere.

I'd had great luck with Arnott replacements in my Audi allroad and BMW X5 so gave them a call. Two choices- remanufactured stock shocks but with Goodyear air bags instead of the factory junk, or custom valved Bilsteins with the Goodyear bladders. I went with the Goodyears.

Took just an hour to install them yesterday, simple if you remove the rear inner fender liners. The shocks are Bilsteins valved to Arnott specs, and the Goodyear bladders look to be a lot more stout than the stock pieces. And they have a lifetime warranty.

The ride and control is way better than the OE shocks. Much smoother over bumps yet better in the turns too. All in the valving. Hooked up the trailer to head to the track in the morning and the rear of the truck is so much nicer riding while having much better sway control. And these were only a few $$ more than if I'd bought their reman'd OE shocks.

Caveat- these are not electronic shocks. Shocks have a built in resister so when you plug in the harness you don't get any idiot lights on the dash. But the way these Bilsteins perform I won't miss the stock electronic valving.

Towing the race trailer to the track tomorrow so I'll report back after a long tow.

Last edited:

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had them on all four corners for 2 years now and I agree, they are great. I have no complaints.

wrays96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much were they? Ive been thinking about switching to conventional rear shocks now that my airbag is blown out and Im sure the compressor is junk now too. I tow a 19' boat with it so I would like to keep air ride and this might be a good alternative if its not too pricey.

OP
OP
T

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much were they? Ive been thinking about switching to conventional rear shocks now that my airbag is blown out and Im sure the compressor is junk now too. I tow a 19' boat with it so I would like to keep air ride and this might be a good alternative if its not too pricey.

Their list is $230 per corner, though they were kind enough to extend me a discount since I'm in the industry.

Towed my trailer to the track on Monday and it was fantastic. Air bags pumped up nice and fast, and the towing stability was great even at 75 on downhills runs. I'm pleased. Racing budget is eating big holes in my wallet but I'll order the fronts soon too.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CHEVROLET_yid11_pid92_gid978.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirbyacquisitions