ARNOTT MR-4262 Install Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vathames1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like many others on the forum, I conducted extensive research on replacement magneride struts for my 2020 Escalade ESV Premium. I landed on the new ARNOTT MR-4262, which was advertised as an active replacement for the long wheelbase models (ESV, XL, Suburban). This is a complete unit, including the electrical connector. These can be found on the ARNOTT website and purchased with ease from RockAuto.

Install was straightforward as any other GM (Silverado, Sierra, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban) 4WD where you have to get the right angles going in and up and whatnot. These come with the normal clips on the shock mount bottom and new bolts. You will note the top nuts are smaller; however have enough diameter on the flats to be secure. Side by side, the two appear to be the exact same length from top of the strut to the c/l of the lower strut mount (about 18.5")

For perspective, I was running a one-inch front spacer with the factory shock. My ground to fender height in the front with the spacer was 36-5/8 on both sides. After installing the ARNOTT MR-4262 with the spacer, the height was just at 38". That evened it out with the rear, which I did not favor at this time. I removed the spacer and the new height all said and done is right at 37". Rides great and no codes!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your Arnott experience with us. Much appreciated.

jwebhale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like many others on the forum, I conducted extensive research on replacement magneride struts for my 2020 Escalade ESV Premium. I landed on the new ARNOTT MR-4262, which was advertised as an active replacement for the long wheelbase models (ESV, XL, Suburban). This is a complete unit, including the electrical connector. These can be found on the ARNOTT website and purchased with ease from RockAuto.

Install was straightforward as any other GM (Silverado, Sierra, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban) 4WD where you have to get the right angles going in and up and whatnot. These come with the normal clips on the shock mount bottom and new bolts. You will note the top nuts are smaller; however have enough diameter on the flats to be secure. Side by side, the two appear to be the exact same length from top of the strut to the c/l of the lower strut mount (about 18.5")

For perspective, I was running a one-inch front spacer with the factory shock. My ground to fender height in the front with the spacer was 36-5/8 on both sides. After installing the ARNOTT MR-4262 with the spacer, the height was just at 38". That evened it out with the rear, which I did not favor at this time. I removed the spacer and the new height all said and done is right at 37". Rides great and no codes!
Thanks for your post regarding the Arnott MR4262 Z95 Shock replacement. I just ordered a set for my 2017 GMC XL Denali. Hope it goes well as your did.

jwebhale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By the way, is your vehicle 4wd? I saw a you tube video on a 2wd install. Any suggestions on a 4wd install?

OP
OP
vathames1

vathames1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your post regarding the Arnott MR4262 Z95 Shock replacement. I just ordered a set for my 2017 GMC XL Denali. Hope it goes well as your did.

By the way, is your vehicle 4wd? I saw a you tube video on a 2wd install. Any suggestions on a 4wd install?
Mine is 4WD as well. I'm betting I watched those same videos with the 2WD vehicles too. I've replaced these on several vehicles over the years with the Monroe Quickstruts (including 2004, 2007 and 2015 Tahoe). This was my first attempt with the magneride and 4WD. I will say it was much easier with the 2WD than it was for the 4WD.

The old strut assembly came out with ease. Removed the upper nuts and lower fasteners and it was easy to wangle it down, angle to the side and then back up and out.

On the new one I had to be patient and try a few different angles of attack. You may find that the new one requires some finesse. Getting the top holes to align was the hardest part. Ultimately, I was able to drop the new one down past the lower control arm mount, then come back up and rotate a bit so the lower strut mount would slip in through the lower control arm. From there, rotate the strut back to where it should be on the top of the lower control arm. Once the lower holes line up, that's when the upper holes will finally line up and you can get the upper nuts installed.

No matter what I tried, the top holes would not line up until the lower holes were. Any angle other than straight up and in would prevent it. Normally the install is a little more forgiving based on my prior experiences.

jwebhale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you measure the before and after for the rear wheel well from the ground? Mine seems to be higher than it was previously. It is 37.75 in.

OP
OP
vathames1

vathames1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you measure the before and after for the rear wheel well from the ground? Mine seems to be higher than it was previously. It is 37.75 in.
Now that I'd say the struts have settled in, the front ground to fender is about 36.75 (left and right). On the rear, I've had the infamous "Chevy lean" to the driver side that I particularly don't care for. Rear left hangs in there just above 37.5, rear right just over 38. I have read many posts on this and other forums about "normal" ride heights being 35.5 front and 37.63 rear. The .50 difference in rear ride height does meet the trim height specs.