Bang for the Buck CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTCREAM17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm Looking for a CAI, and wondering what are the thoughts on the various ones available? Looking around there are a few, Volant, K&N, AirRaid, and AEM. Im sure there is more but thats what i found. Which one puts out the best gains?

Thanks for opening a new site cause tahoeforum.com was great and i hope this one fills the spot.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I love my K&N CAI. Could not be happier with it. I had a Volant on my Escalade that I recently sold and loved that one too. I have heard great things about the AEM but have no experience with one on a truck, but have on my old Acura.
From my experience, you cannot go wrong with either K&N, Volant or an AEM.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I personally don't have a CAI, but have heard good things about Volant.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I think they're a waste on the 07 up Tahoes just like MAF sensors nd TB spacers, get a K&N filter and call it a day like I did.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
dont go w/ anything that would directly expose the air filter to engine heat!! air filter + engine heat = loss of power. i'd say go w/ volant even though i've had no experience w/ it yet. if i do get a CAI, volant is who i'd go with...

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone's heard differently....

The stock air box flows just as well as any other aftermarket unit...it's the tube that's restrictive. I already post pictures how to make your own ($30ish)... and that performs as well if not better then anything you can buy for $200+. Airraid makes a tube replacement. I think it's around $100 or so. The OEM filter does just fine, but if you want to drop anything in look for a dry filter. I'm not big on keeping anything OEM, but this is one of those things proven to be better (including better for your dime)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryme