battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrell2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Left truck (1500 miles) on it sitting outside for three days, I went to start it up and it barley cranked over. Not exaggerating but the battery was all but dead. Stock Yukon SLE thats a month old? Yes, it has been cold but a new vehicle and that much hesitation leaves me wondering if I have a bad battery? 3 days-

I travel and come home many times late night flights into a empty lot at the airport after 4 5, 6 days sometimes. I have no desire to be stuck with a dead battery. If I drive it daily, no issue... Anyone got similar experiences?

Again this is a stock vehicle. nothing added, modded or changed since delivery

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that is odd.

Did you happen to leave a lighted charged plugged in the whole time?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left truck (1500 miles) on it sitting outside for three days, I went to start it up and it barley cranked over. Not exaggerating but the battery was all but dead. Stock Yukon SLE thats a month old? Yes, it has been cold but a new vehicle and that much hesitation leaves me wondering if I have a bad battery? 3 days-

I travel and come home many times late night flights into a empty lot at the airport after 4 5, 6 days sometimes. I have no desire to be stuck with a dead battery. If I drive it daily, no issue... Anyone got similar experiences?

Again this is a stock vehicle. nothing added, modded or changed since delivery

Odd, but being in the professional auto repair business, I see it quite frequently. The newer the vehicle, the more electronics they have = the fewer days they can sit.

I agree on making sure nothing plugged into any accessory ports. Next step would be to charge and test the battery. If it fails - that's your problem. If not, you have a larger than normal drain.

OP
OP
T

Terrell2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well that is odd.

Did you happen to leave a lighted charged plugged in the whole time?

no, I use the kind without any LED on the charger- so I am taking it in to have them test the battery. Even my wife who is oblivious to ANYthing car related says it seems hard to start after sitting.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If she is talking about just sitting overnight as opposed to you coming back after days out of town I thing you have a failing battery. Happens. Bad one out of the batch. Have the dealer replace, should be under warranty, have them check for too large a draw. Sounds like if it does have a draw it is not intermittent so if does then should show when tested. Likely just the battery though.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick a voltmeter on your battery with the cables disconnected after the surface charge wears off if its below like 12.4 volts your battery has come up lame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms