BCM and Tech2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattleTank

Reaction score
For those that have Tech2's, what all parameters can be changed on the BCM on a 11 Tahoe?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the most non-constructive, vaguest answer I have ever seen on a forum.

What do you mean? It's the blower fan running after turning off the AC compressor to dry the the evaporator and housing out. I do it manually on mine. Some trucks can be set to do it automatically. I just did this a few hours ago when I ran out to lunch. When I got close to back to work I switched the AC button off to allow the blower to dry the housing out some. Keeps it from getting moldy smelling. I do it for the front and rear units both.

OP
OP
B

BattleTank

Reaction score
What do I mean? Someone SHOW me where any of this has anything to do with my original question?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the most non-constructive, vaguest answer I have ever seen on a forum.

oh, I thought everyone knew what that was. it's a mostly useless function you can turn on to run your blower fans after your car is shut down for about 30mins.

I found mine didn't act anything like it's described, running the blowers over over again for 5 or so mins at a time, after the 3rd cycle of max front and back blowers running I reached up and turned it off. I was worried it would kill my battery in the middle of a road trip. being a hybrid jump starts are risk you really shouldn't take.

my driveway is steep and it holds a ton of water in the evap. in the middle temp time of year where it's not 115deg or cold enough to not need the ac it can get musty. turning afterblow on is meant to dry it out, but it didn't do anything for the smell anyways. backing in or turning the ac off a block from home helps.

I'm pretty sure that's the only option on these trucks the tech 2 can turn on or off?

my c6 I can walk thru all kinds of setups, select different suspension options for active or passive. pick the sound system type, if it's a bose or not. these trucks just go by the vin.

my bad

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the informative read you guys
My beast is a pre 2000s dinosaur by context.
It's is cold winter here and I find using the ac with heat clears my screen faster.
After stopping depending on ground level I get run off from it.
I haven't had any mould smells internally but will start doing as @89Suburban mentioned he does. Think will help maintain the system.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really not much.

Btdieselworks.com AutoSync w/ BCM programming the only real option. ($400)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya

Latest posts