BCM and Tech2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tech2 is a diagnostic tool for the most part, you can't really "modify" things with it other than the afterblow as mentioned already. If you have the digital HVAC control you can make the outside temp display on the HVAC control panel and you can adjust tire size.
Those are the only "user" adjustable things that I am aware of. The rest is all test functions and relearn various modules/sensors, and lastly calibrations as a pass thru device if that is even still supported by techline anymore, some have reported it takes special access by gm support.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Afterblow, NBS, NNBS, DIC, etc. Manufacturer specific anachronyms that all the long term owners are used to. We forget these vehicles are lasting 2-3x as longer than GM expected and some of these $86k vehicles are being sold for $14.5k (that’d be my Esky lol), and still reliable with another 200k left in them.

That’s a solid referral on the BTdieselwork OBD programer. 295 for the unit and 395 for the version with the engine & trans tune, which I regret not getting.

The best way to get up to speed on the Tech2 is you tube videos. All of GM’s secret unlock features are found in the BTdieselwork module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FBlanco