beef up 2001 tahoe suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone I have a 2001 tahoe ls. I want to beef up the suspension a bit but not do a crazy lift. In the end my goal is to get 1 to 2 extra ground clearance and do upgrades that will allow my truck to handle rough turrain. What I looking to eventually do is go with 18 in rims and bigger tires to achieve the extra 2 inches of clearance (is that a good idea). I am aware that i will have lift the tahoe a bit to compensate for the tires. What are some upgrades that won't break the bank but are worth doing to achieve durability and slight ride hieght. Thanks

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into getting those shocks. The lift keys I am hestitant cause I read that they put a greater strain on your suspension and ruin ride quality.

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dont crank them all the way to where your control arms are smacking your bumpstops. Ive had the setup for a couple years now with no problems.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
or you could do 3" spindles and spacers in the rear and go with the billstein 5100s. that's what i did and it rides pretty good

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dont crank them all the way to where your control arms are smacking your bumpstops. Ive had the setup for a couple years now with no problems.

I'm planning on doing 1-3" keys cranked to 2". and 2" rear spacers and then taking out the autorides (dead anyway) and putting bilstein 5100's all the way around? is this a good way to get clearance for some 33s while keeping a nice ride?

I can get all the bilsteins for ~$300 and the keys and spacers together for $75

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Do 3" spindles ! And a 2" rear coil spring spacer! Keeps a great ride!

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized non of this is an option for me. I have a 4x4 with auto ride. I just bought keys, spacers, front shock extenders, and z71 rear coils.