Best 16" tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Yokohama tires on almost all my cars since I was 16 and never have failed me. When I got into SUVs I have been used BFG MTs but on thus new Tahoe I am thinking treadwrights (price wise can't be beat) or Yokohamas

Please try to understand something, many people have no idea as to what I good tire is. Years ago I would buy Goodyear RTS's or AT's and Michellin LTX's and Cross Terrains and say the same thing you just said. Never got a flat, great sidewall, handled well, etc. Then one day I was upstate and tore two sidewalls on a rock ledge on a brand new set of Michellin Cross Terrains. It was a saturday afternoon and had to buy two bridgestone Dueller Revo AT's as thats all they had in my size. I wound up putting them in the front and put the terrains in the rear. My 4wd was going nuts, rear tires slipping like crazy then the fronts would engage and on and on. It was like the 4wd was not locking up. Long story short I wound up buying two more Revo's and what a nite and day differance! It felt like a new truck in the snow. Now all along after 1 1/4 sets of cross terrains I thought they were good tires. But they were shit. Same thing for my father with the RTS as that was his favorite tire. Never no problems but until he tried the Revo's he thought they were good. Im not knocking Yok's as I have no experiece but IMO they are NO WAY NEAR THE REVO's!

What Yok's are you using?

Last edited:

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
On my cars I use Advans. I just have had good driving experience on track and street with Yokohamas so I would assume and hope on the trails and street these will work well on a Tahoe

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my cars I use Advans. I just have had good driving experience on track and street with Yokohamas so I would assume and hope on the trails and street these will work well on a Tahoe

Which Advans?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
What didn't you like about the Geolanders if you don't mind me asking? Have been looking at a set.

Last edited:

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sport ZPS set and a set of A048 sports are daily on my Q45 and the a048 I use at track.

Did you ever check out the tire rack survey results? If not check it out and next time you need tires use it as a referance! When I got the first set of Revo's I stumpled upon the survey results when looking for 2 more tires. Sure enough it was dead on! What I like is its real people like you and I voting!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What didn't you like about the Geolanders if you don't mind me asking? Have been looking at a set.

There an average tire and nothing more. There not that bad but there are many other better choices. Check out the survey results on the tire rack. These days I dont buy a tire w/o reviewing them first!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I've reviewed those, the ones on DTD and 1001 Tires. They look like an above avarage tire for the money.

The Falken Wild Peak/Rocky Mountain AT and Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 look good also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968