Best 16" tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands down without a doubt go with the Bridgestone Dueller A/t Revo 2's! You will not be sorry. There quiet, handle like an all season highway tire and have grip off road like no other tire I ever used. A few family members and I have/had them on several trucks over the years. First had the originals now I have the 2's and there nuts. All my buddys have either the Firestone destination ATs and or the Michellin AT2's and when NY got blasted with 26" of snow the day after christmas all there trucks couldnt move!

Check out the survey results on the tire rack!

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I just re-read your post, the threadwear isnt the greatest. But they last pretty good. If you look at the survey reults the bridgestone is near the top but the threadwear knocks the ratings down. They are so good I would buy them again in a heart beat. Even thou the Firestone and Michellin rate hightay away. Google or read the actual reviews on the tire rack. They suck! I drove my buddys trucks and trust me there over rated by far.

I never owned them but the goodyear silent armors got excellant reviews!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So duratrac's or falkens? Think that's my narrowed choice. The dt's really are nice and I loved my silent armors. Surely they are similar? Treadwear is a concern I take highway to work bc it's super quick. But I have an 8 mile drive out of my neighborhood. Very hilly and curvy. A good rain can make conditions tough here as a few roads are just gravel. But I love it bc I take those roads over the paved ones cause traffics light. I have to wash my hoe a lot tho but it's worth it.

Ch@d

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So duratrac's or falkens? Think that's my narrowed choice. The dt's really are nice and I loved my silent armors. Surely they are similar? Treadwear is a concern I take highway to work bc it's super quick. But I have an 8 mile drive out of my neighborhood. Very hilly and curvy. A good rain can make conditions tough here as a few roads are just gravel. But I love it bc I take those roads over the paved ones cause traffics light. I have to wash my hoe a lot tho but it's worth it.

Ch@d

Im not familiar with any Falken truck tire so I cannot comment but why would you go with Duratracs if your looking for a highway tire? Your way off base. If you dont want a high performance highway tire like say Michellin LTX MS2 then you need to move over to say the Michellin AT2 or Bridegstone Revo 2. I would not want to be banking a turn in the rain with the Dt's! There not made for that!

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not that far off. ;-) I am on gravel surfaces when it rains. That's my point. And I know u can't understand this not living here but I'm only on the highway for 3 miles. So I don't want a highway tire. I have an 8 mile drive out of my neighborhood that's maybe 25% paved roads and they still aren't good. When I exit the highway I can pull right into work.

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers,
Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers, Duelers

And Duelers.

BTW Did I mention Duelers.

You will be Dueler happy on those roads. Might consider some hard mud flaps to protect the bottom body too. Actually you should just do it forget considering it if you are over 25 mph on gravel roads. You can get a 30 day try out of them so what is to lose.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not that far off. ;-) I am on gravel surfaces when it rains. That's my point. And I know u can't understand this not living here but I'm only on the highway for 3 miles. So I don't want a highway tire. I have an 8 mile drive out of my neighborhood that's maybe 25% paved roads and they still aren't good. When I exit the highway I can pull right into work.

Ch@d

Forget the DT's and go with the Revo AT2's!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many people dislike bridgestone cause of the Dueller HT's the 2001-2005 tahoes came with. They give my Revo AT2's a bad name! lol

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Sound's more like people are ignorant to understand why a specific tire is chosing to be OEM and to lazy to do there homework to find a better alternative.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I have used Yokohama tires on almost all my cars since I was 16 and never have failed me. When I got into SUVs I have been used BFG MTs but on thus new Tahoe I am thinking treadwrights (price wise can't be beat) or Yokohamas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968