Best 16" tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local shop has mastercraft? Made by Cooper. Courser At looks pretty nice. Lots of meat on it.

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Sound like junk still. Lots of tread does not mean it will take longer to wear out. But hey if you are bent on going with low quality tire and not considering better ones just because of cost then go ahead. Seems like the direction you're going in.

Last edited:

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've reviewed those, the ones on DTD and 1001 Tires. They look like an above avarage tire for the money.

The Falken Wild Peak/Rocky Mountain AT and Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 look good also.

If your looking for an inexpensive tire the Firestone destination AT's are pretty good (not nearly as good as the revo's) or the Kuhmo's which look great on paper!

Last edited:

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just want to thank defendhawaii for mentioning treadwright, i never heard of them before.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Yeah lot of jeep guys use them they got some crazy tread patterns. Not for the guys that riding 26s but if you are lifted and need some good tires they are a great value. I have had a set for 360.00 shipped can't beat that

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geolanders just felt and looked soft. Just my opinion tho.

Should I get D or E? I do zero towing but I don't mind a rough ride. Keys are cranked all ready. So I am used to the "sherman tank feel"

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
E is probably the most widely available and common. Better to have an extra ply or two for strength. It is not such much towing as is the actual vehicle weight on the tires when it comes to load ratings.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the weight of a tire between C and E really doesn't matter a whole lot? I have 3.73 gears and wanna make sure I'm not bogging it down with some heavy tire. I'm only doing 265/75/16's and I know that's nothing compared to a lot of you guys tahoe's on here. But I just wanted to make sure.

Ch@d

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Let me rephrase. It is the weight carrying capacity of the tire that is determined by the number of ply's which is pointed out using a letter designation. Don't thick you will find many c rated units around on LT type tires. there is usually on a 5 pound rough difference between C and E rated tire. An E rated Dueler A/T REVO 2 is rated to at least 3100 pounds each(BTW did I mention Dueler A/T REVO 2:naughty:) and weighs 47 pounds. The biggest weight difference on the same size tire is weather it is P or LT rated. That can be 10 or more pounds. You will be find with a LT265-75-16 E-rating. The overall diameter of a tire plays a bigger roll on any specific gearing then then weight of tire does becuase of the effects of torque. If tire a an b both weigh 50 pounds but a is a small diameter a will lunch better then b with all other things being equal. Here is a chart of the dueler with all the spec data on them from tire rack so you can see the load, dimension and weight differences and what not. And also a complex explanation of the range/ply identification if you are interested.

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, and I love them. Went through last winter's snow like it was nothing.... I only have a short commute, but after about 4000 miles, they still look like new. One of my boys put them on his Dodge Ram, and has the same results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968