Best aftermarket module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macoyle

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at upgrading my OEM lux nav off my 05 Denali and I would prefer to keep as many things as possible. I think the cd changer won't work with anything else. But besides the sterling wheel adapter, which module should I get that includes the rear entertainment system to work, on star, Bose amp, etc?

The gmoc-014?

Stealthjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh god...please don't get an Axxess module! I had nothing but noise problems with mine and the chime was terrible! Get the PAC interface and be done with it!
I think you want the OS2C-BOSE

Keipherlc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So is the PAC one better than the GMOS-100?? I'm asking because I heard the GMOS lets you retain the steering wheel controls. Which is better?

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god...please don't get an Axxess module! I had nothing but noise problems with mine and the chime was terrible! Get the PAC interface and be done with it!
I think you want the OS2C-BOSE

**** bro i bought the gmos 100 today with a pioneer

ssrecords

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the PAC and its great. No problems. Comes with the chime box.

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
So is the PAC one better than the GMOS-100?? I'm asking because I heard the GMOS lets you retain the steering wheel controls. Which is better?

I have the PAC. It works fine. I added the steering wheels controls too. I think with the GMOS100 you still need to buy the steering wheel control add-on.

After additional research, I stand corrected; GMOS100 does include steering wheel controls.

Last edited:

stewartm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep I agree. OS2C-BOSE with CM-1. I went with axxess for steering wheel controls. I wanted to reassign a button. Axxess did it.

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the GMOS-100 in my experience, is the BEST module for these trucks. Allows you to retain RSE, can be used in both Bose/Non Bose Models, allows youi to retain steering wheel controls, as well as remapping the buttons themselves.

I just installed one of these this past weekend, the only thing I can say is that I was VERY impressed. Everything worked as advertised, and a pretty straight forward installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo