Best day of my life (so far)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoah... today in the morning I was driving my Tahoe to work. When accelerating from stop, I heard clunk and weird grinding noice appeared. As I was only a mile from work I drove there. After work I took my Tahoe inside and lifted it up. I had my mechanic with me and as we listened, the grinding sound came from front differential. I drained the oil and there was a handful of metal from bearings. Nice as new front diff costs about $3000 and getting the old one repaired about $2000 (with employee discounts it still going to be +$1000).

That wasn't enough for today... as I drove back home (with RWD only) teh oh-so-reliable-and-strong 4L60E blew up... I got i towed back to work and had quick check-up. Transmission oil smells burned and the color is pretty black, no leaks was found.

I think I'm gonna grab a beer or two tonight...

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I will stop bitching about my lil issues on my Escalade dude I hope things get better!

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to hear this bro. how many miles do you have on the clock? How long have you had her? Just curious because that's a lot of issue and I have an 01yukon with 104xxx with the same tranny.

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odometer said 132780 miles. I've had the Hoe for 4months now. I was expecting transmission to blew, but not this soon. I'm gonna have it rebuild with vette parts so it's gonna last so long as I have this truck.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my vette servo Monday and getting it installed next week. Hope to extend the life of my tranny that much longer.

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Wow sorry

I think I would want something stronger than a beer.

But these kinds of days happen to us all once in a while. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Best of luck to you bro

JD

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn that sucks balls!I would be like half way ready to sell my truck if it did that after the warranty is over.

OP
OP
amaz

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually I wouldn't have a car this long (for 4months now! 2009 I had 8 vehicles, 2008 5 vehicles, all together I've had about 30 cars in 6 years that I've had drivers license). Somehow I like The Hoe more than any other vehicle I've ever had, so I'm gonna get it repaired and have many many happy miles together with Her :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy