Best way to black out tail lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Thanks man.
I need to get them shiny though even though I clear coated them. Should I buff them up or polish them?

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 31

flawless06tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly the best way to do it is to take them to a body shop that will paint them. I took mine to a body shop and paid $50 and they look absolutely great. They are nice and glossy and no runs. Cops hate them though. So watch out!!!
picture.jpg

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Honestly the best way to do it is to take them to a body shop that will paint them. I took mine to a body shop and paid $50 and they look absolutely great. They are nice and glossy and no runs. Cops hate them though. So watch out!!!
picture.jpg

Thanks but mine look good, I just haven't buffed em yet.

I'll let you know tomorrow how they came out

ZaC851

Reaction score
Thanks man.
I need to get them shiny though even though I clear coated them. Should I buff them up or polish them?

Read my post on the previous page. Wet sand them and then polish then back to a shine...

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used niteshades on mine.....23099350047_large.jpg
4-5 light coats with 3-4 coats of clear, if you decide to do it this way don't go too dark because in the bright daylight it can be hard for the person behind you to see your brake lights.

I like the look of the 4-5 coats with a couple coats of the clear. Do you just apply it to the outside? Any tips for when I do mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazmain

Latest posts