Big Brown Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! How hard is it to get the headers on and off? is it a few hour job or weekend?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing a couple hour job.

Sweet, I just never grew up around this engine stuff. Love tinkering but my motor is bigger and more expensive than other things I tinker on lol. guess i need to jump in head first!

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, its been a little while.
Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words.

TigerEyz3,
I'm very happy with them. I havent installed the cats yet. I'm waiting on some flanges to be made for the back half of my exhaust. Kinda slacked on sending them out and work is busy.

puckhead,
I didnt install them. After a lot of thinking and the mess I went through with my previous vehicles headers, I decided to sub it out. Ron, the guy who installed them does it for a living and said it was a PITA, not too bad but the EGR was a bear and that took him quite a while. That was the problem with my other headers, the EGR was such a pain.
With that said, if you have the right tools and a lift it shouldnt take more than 4 hours. Give or take, depending on how mechanically inclined you are.

I'll post more pics as I progress. Unfortunately I'm on hold until I get my flanges.
Thanks again guys:Handshake:

jayman8200

Reaction score
very nice...i just went from 6 to midnight...ha ha wish i had cash on hand to do stuff to mine. a newborn baby keeps me from doing that.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Since the first post I've made one change. Sent back the 2 mufflers in favor of one 2.5" Magnaflow 14568 DI/DO w/ built in X-pipe. I'm posotive it will still sound great and it will also make my wife happy. She's not too fond of loud exhausts. If mommas happy, daddy gets his toys :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrFrank