Big Brown Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after a very loooooooong over due build, I finally did my exhaust. Well, thursday night I did it, with the help from a friend/co-worker.
Unfortunate I didnt get any before vids. Beleive it or not, it didnt sound any different than stock. The only thing I need is to throw on some tailpipes, plans are for it to come out in front of the passenger wheel/tire.
Now its very loud as is, with the addition of two 90s it quiets it down drastically.
I will post pics and if I can figure out how to post a video I will do that to.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Well, after a very loooooooong over due build, I finally did my exhaust. Well, thursday night I did it, with the help from a friend/co-worker.
Unfortunate I didnt get any before vids. Beleive it or not, it didnt sound any different than stock. The only thing I need is to throw on some tailpipes, plans are for it to come out in front of the passenger wheel/tire.
Now its very loud as is, with the addition of two 90s it quiets it down drastically.
I will post pics and if I can figure out how to post a video I will do that to.
I know your exit location gets done frequently, but I've always read that the exhaust on SUVs are supposed to exit behind the cabin/passenger area, which means behind the rear wheel. Not hating, just don't want you to be hassled by the emissions police. I'm sure a more rearward exit location would further reduce the exhaust volume as well.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks grnrpr, I appreciate it.

You're right Robert. For now though, its going to have to do. I need to order some more tubing or the maggy tailpipes in the near future (before my emissions test). I'm looking at some V-band clamps to make several different tailpipe configurations. This muffler is the same length as stock, the pipes are almost exactly in the stock location.

This is how it looks now, sorry for the crappy shots. My jack broke mid way through my drop and couldnt get any better shots, plus I'me freakin tired hah.

DSC02610.gif
DSC02611.gif
DSC02612.gif

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats it! That's the exact exhaust that I'm looking for!

Do you have vids on how it sounds?
Do you have pics of the x-pipe that you made up?

I've been thinking of DT Tri-y's for some time. Supposed to give good low/mid range umpf. 2.5" all around, and Magnaflows. I won't be using the cats though. Or any kind of EGR. I've ordered my BB tune to delete EGR and O2's.

This may sound silly, but what about running the tips out behind the passenger tire, just like stock, except there will be two tips instead of one? I think that's how I'd go. Make things look like stock, except when you put your foot into it, it gives a nice growl.

Awesome work!

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Wish it didnt take this long but I'm very happy with the results so far.
I'm going to make a video asap.
My original plan for making my x-pipe was changed. I had decided (with the help of my wife, hah, she was afraid it was going to be too loud, heck she thought my exhaust was loud with just the headers) to go with a muffler I had used on one of my previous trucks which has an x-pipe built in it. Smaller package with the same results and sounds insane.

These headers are awesome. You feel it throughout the RPM range.

I'm thinking about running the tailpipes in the stock location but on both sides, to even it out. I'm going to tuck the tips up so they're up out of the way.

Thanks again

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New plan for the tailpipe. Going into the stock location but, instead of going dual 2.5 all the way, I'm going to Y it out of the muffler into a single 3" and have it exit into the stock location.
Thats the only way to have a full exhaust in the stock location with a drop and if I go any lower its going to cut it very close. I'm going to tuck it up as high as I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrFrank