big3 big problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsgonewild

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 gmc Yukon, and am going to do the big 3.....as i was tracing down all of the wires to make the big 3 upgrade i was all happy that they were all going to be easy, but i spoke to soon as i located the last one, the chassis to engine wire, the top end is the easiest one, but the bottom of it, the terminal connected to the engine, well it looks to be impossible to get to, and please understand that I am not a guy who uses the term impossible lightly..... is there an alternate location where i can connect the engine terminal to?

please see photo's

I know that there is some super genius out there with an innovative solution to this problem!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• howwww in the hell (Medium).jpg
    howwww in the hell (Medium).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 36
  • how in the hell (Medium).jpg
    how in the hell (Medium).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 34

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can connect it anywhere on the block or heads. It doesn't necessarily have to be at the same point. You can connect it to the stud just to the right of the bolt in the pic you posted.

OP
OP
J

johnsgonewild

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good deal. Thanks for the advice. I was not sure about where else I could terminate the lead at. I am just now getting into uprgrading some components of my yukon. Before that I have had some really nice rides, but nothing that I had the urge to "play" with, so long story short I am a complete novice at automotive work!

And after the comment about the alternator ground, I googled it, and I think that is the route that I will go.

Again, thanks for the comments and help,

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa