Billsteins With DJM Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touche...I did try that with my current shocks (Beltech NItro 2) but they weren't able to be pressed out. Needless to say they suck! I swear it rides the same without front shocks as it does with front shocks! LOL

HAHA, Belltech shocks have never really worked for me, always too soft. That's why I love the Bilsteins. Either way, I'm very curious to see how this turns out for Mike.

OP
OP
M Hankel

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, I'll do some research and text you w/ what I find.

This would be the first one I try, BE5-2902-H0:

http://www.allshocks.com/productimages/BE5-2902.jpg

So these have the bar still installed and would need to be pressed out, correct? Were these for a full size Chevy truck originall?

These are probably your best bet, for Bilstein anyway:

p/n 24-021722
Collapsed Length: 10.06 in
Extended Length: 14.55 in

OR

p/n 24-022361
Collapsed Length: 10.02 in
Extended Length: 14.72 in

Out of those two, the top one looks like it's for a full size F-150, while the ones on the bottom appear to be for a mid-size Ranger/Mazda truck. I'm guessing the ones designed for a full size truck would have better valving to cope with a heavier rig. Do both of these have the bar or bare eyelet?

Mike

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So these have the bar still installed and would need to be pressed out, correct? Were these for a full size Chevy truck originall?

Correct and Correct

Out of those two, the top one looks like it's for a full size F-150, while the ones on the bottom appear to be for a mid-size Ranger/Mazda truck. I'm guessing the ones designed for a full size truck would have better valving to cope with a heavier rig. Do both of these have the bar or bare eyelet?

Both have a bare eyelet

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news guys!! I finally got some info from Bilstein US re: shocks for DJM arms. After a few calls and swapping some info, I got a shock that can be used for a 3+" drop w/ the DJM LCAs. Should have good, firm valving and support the weight of our trucks w/o trouble.

PN - 24-013284. It's an 80s Bronco/F150/F250/F350 shock that's 14.5" extended and 10" compressed.

I'm guessing it's the replacement for the shock Trace recommended as those are discontinued. If anyone has problems with valving (i.e. too soft or too firm) Bilstein will revalve for you @ $65/shock. These run about ~$70 each. With one revalve you're in at about $135/each, not too bad for a custom shock that fits and does what you want.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news guys!! I finally got some info from Bilstein US re: shocks for DJM arms. After a few calls and swapping some info, I got a shock that can be used for a 3+" drop w/ the DJM LCAs. Should have good, firm valving and support the weight of our trucks w/o trouble.

PN - 24-013284. It's an 80s Bronco/F150/F250/F350 shock that's 14.5" extended and 10" compressed.

I'm guessing it's the replacement for the shock Trace recommended as those are discontinued. If anyone has problems with valving (i.e. too soft or too firm) Bilstein will revalve for you @ $65/shock. These run about ~$70 each. With one revalve you're in at about $135/each, not too bad for a custom shock that fits and does what you want.

Good info!! That's strange that they said the part number I found was discontinued as I found it on their website. haha... The part number you got was right above the one I found under F series. I just didn't search for it because the 24-021722 is for a 3" lowered truck and figured the 24-013284 is for stock height.

When I typed the 24-021722 shock into Bilsteins search box it says it's an auxillary shock, meaning it's to be used alongside the main shock (2 shock setup I guess??). When I searched for the year using the vehicle search it didn't say it was an auxillary shock. My guess is that it is valved differently (softer?).

I'm guessing the 24-013284 shock is the firmest, the 24-021722 shock is less firm, and 24-022361 is the softest.
:hmmm2:

So, Alex.....how about contacting them again and ask what the valving is on these 3 shocks??? :lol2:

In the end I bet the shock that Alex found is the best! :yuno:

OP
OP
M Hankel

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's some great Info guys! Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I knew their had to be some other shock options out there.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
M Hankel

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just ordered up these shocks from a local Autozone. 59.99 ea and they'll be here in two days. Cant wait to finally get the Tahoe dropped.

Mike

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dlete

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler71