Black out or chrome trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black chrome does go hard

I feel like if the rest of the chrome could be turned into black chrome (ie find some black-chrome tape to cover the original crap faux chrome) and black chrome the wheels, it would look SICK. I'd do it if I knew my truck wasn't going to be gone in the next year :(

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the wheels, I'd get matching of course as mentioned chrome with chrome and black with black. Kind of a hard decision. Anyone have a ballpark price for oem chrome? I won't cheap out if I do decide to go chrome.

When I get home tomorrow, I already have a black mesh upper and lower grille arrived. Would it look out of place with chrome as I mentioned?

Decisions decisions.. I wish I had two so I could do one of each!

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

And to add to that I almost feel like the esky rack is a waste if I just paint it black right away. It's semi flashy for a reason no?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put it on in chrome, see how you like it.

Or........wrap it in Black Wrap...........so it is reversible.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I know you have a Yukon........But Black on Chrome is NOT a bad look at all.

This is Kirks truck......beautiful.

attachment.php

Thanks for the props, Hoss! I was going to post a pic of my truck to show my bias, but now I don't have to. Haha

Thanks again.

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrome handles are only $110???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-GMC-Y...EM-CHROME-DOOR-HANDLES-19213939-/130693505025

About to order them off impulse. Maybe I should wait till the chrome rack's on first.

Anyone know what I can look to pay for a new set of denali/escalade running boards?

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Also another question, are these replacements for the black covers on my mirrors, or do they stick over the others?
GM chrome isn't as pricey as I thought!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-2007-201...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec3836c53&vxp=mtr

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirk!!!!!! What's up man? I thought you ditched us!! Glad to see your still on here.

David- I would really like to see your black Yukon with just the esky rack and denali running boards on with chrome wheels, if that would be possible at all or some point during your build. I love the look of all the chrome stuff (handles, mouldings, running boards, etc..) On black vehicles, but on my WDT it sometimes seems a little much and I don't even have the running boards. So if you were able to snag a pic like mentioned above I would be able to imagine what mine would look like. Thanks buddy keep us updated.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! Noooo... No ditching going on. Just busy with crap around here (and, sadly, haven't done anything new/interesting to my truck).

It's cold and snowy and salty here in PA, and so I haven't even had a chance to wash the truck. Man, is it dirty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968