Black out or chrome trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirk!!!!!! What's up man? I thought you ditched us!! Glad to see your still on here.

David- I would really like to see your black Yukon with just the esky rack and denali running boards on with chrome wheels, if that would be possible at all or some point during your build. I love the look of all the chrome stuff (handles, mouldings, running boards, etc..) On black vehicles, but on my WDT it sometimes seems a little much and I don't even have the running boards. So if you were able to snag a pic like mentioned above I would be able to imagine what mine would look like. Thanks buddy keep us updated.

If I find running boards before I find handles then yes you will have a pic :)
I live in too small of a place to find this stuff used/local, so Ill have to check ebay/dealer for prices this week.

I just installed the rack, waiting for the end caps to dry then ill post a pic of how it is with just the rack, with the polished wheels it actually looks decent.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-11-Tah...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5aece5f26c

Free shipping to states, but of course they dont ship to Canada, no, that would make life too easy for David.

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the cheap Esky running boards last year. It's actually held up pretty well, although I'm going to redo it as soon as the winter is over. It started to pull off of the front of the running board. But for around $20, I'd rather do that a few times instead of spending hundreds on the real deal. You can't tell unless you're really looking for it.

Here's a close up.
picture.jpg

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the cheap Esky running boards last year. It's actually held up pretty well, although I'm going to redo it as soon as the winter is over. It started to pull off of the front of the running board. But for around $20, I'd rather do that a few times instead of spending hundreds on the real deal. You can't tell unless you're really looking for it.

Here's a close up.
picture.jpg

I like it. What did you use?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

After washing the truck with the new rack installed, I've decided to go black on chrome. Thanks for all the input guys, it really does help. Here are some pictures;
yma3u9ur.jpg
8ytuby7e.jpg

ha6aseta.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks Great........

Some suggestions......

Vent shades have to go though. :doh2:

Bug shield is mehhhh.

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually going to ask how hard they were to remove today! They are GM ones and were all there when I bought it, they're useful, but so hideous and they stick out like two inches. Bug shield too I just never bothered to remove yet. It's not too too noticeable, and the salt/sand on the roads here are bad in the winter. Might stay on until spring.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David- that looks great!!! I like those factory wheels it would be cool if they made them in 22". The chrome strip moldings would look great next!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Greg-your truck and kirks are twins. That is a great looking rig man!!

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks Great........

Some suggestions......

Vent shades have to go though. :doh2:

Bug shield is mehhhh.

GiB, You missed the bug shield!! :D

Good looking truck David. You planning on chrome wheels to replace the steel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968