Bluetooth problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NMNative

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Yukon SLT II - My vehicle’s Bluetooth voice activation no longer connects with my iPhone but my iPhone WILL connect with my vehicle to make outbound calls and answer incoming calls. Does anyone know of a way to update the vehicle software to fix this problem?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Are you referring to pressing the steering wheel button on the right side with the icon showing talk / speak?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 Yukon SLT II - My vehicle’s Bluetooth voice activation no longer connects with my iPhone but my iPhone WILL connect with my vehicle to make outbound calls and answer incoming calls. Does anyone know of a way to update the vehicle software to fix this problem?
Is it possible that one device is connecting before the other can? It is also possible that your phone is connecting to another bluetooth device, like a dashcam or something in your home and then will not connect to the car. Been there, done that.

OP
OP
N

NMNative

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible that one device is connecting before the other can? It is also possible that your phone is connecting to another bluetooth device, like a dashcam or something in your home and then will not connect to the car. Been there, done that.
There are no other bluetooth devices in range that could be the problem. Once the dashboard message tells me my iphone is connected I can receive incoming calls from my phone via the steering wheel buttons. I cannot initiate an outbound call from my vehicle. When I press the call button and say "bluetooth" the vehicle responds with "bluetooth ready". I then voice and the vehicle accesses my phone telling me it's accessed my phone. I then request a call to someone in my phone's contact list and after about 5 seconds the vehicle disconnects from my phone saying "good bye".

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are no other bluetooth devices in range that could be the problem. Once the dashboard message tells me my iphone is connected I can receive incoming calls from my phone via the steering wheel buttons. I cannot initiate an outbound call from my vehicle. When I press the call button and say "bluetooth" the vehicle responds with "bluetooth ready". I then voice and the vehicle accesses my phone telling me it's accessed my phone. I then request a call to someone in my phone's contact list and after about 5 seconds the vehicle disconnects from my phone saying "good bye".
delete both the car and phone from each other and start over, if that doesn't fix it then it's most likely a security setting on the phone apple is always making changes

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Which model do iPhone are you using? Older iPhone are getting finicky.

GM has what they call “hey Siri” installed in the VCIM / BT module. First, make the change on your iPhone to ditch hey siri and change it to just Siri.

Once your phone is updated and it’s sync’d up to BT you can simply have your phone hear commands vs the trucks system.

ie: Siri, read the text and call Doug …

The iPhone will connect to the VCIM and use the trucks mic and speaker from that point on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian